Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Song lyrics


shfr26

Recommended Posts

Came in from the garage the other night and the wife was watching "Don't forget the lyrics" on the tube. The songs I thought I know, I stunk at, so I started thinking about any song that I sequenced that had vocal and was surprised to learn I did not the all the lyrics to them either. We listen to these songs hundreds of times. Does anyone know all the lyrics to songs they sequence or am I the only one that has CRS syndrome??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

shfr26 wrote:

Came in from the garage the other night and the wife was watching "Don't forget the lyrics" on the tube. The songs I thought I know, I stunk at, so I started thinking about any song that I sequenced that had vocal and was surprised to learn I did not the all the lyrics to them either. We listen to these songs hundreds of times. Does anyone know all the lyrics to songs they sequence or am I the only one that has CRS syndrome??
i don't so i just go to www.lyrics.com
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

Why of course I know the lyrics to all those hundreds of songs I sequence! NOT! ROFL
I am lucky if I can hum them all!!:dude:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I listen more to the musicality of the song so I don't remember lyrics.
Even with my all time favorite band, Boston, I think the only song I know the words to is Rock and Roll Band.
I'm more likely to remember words to a song that tell a story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

caniac wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Came in from the garage the other night and the wife was watching "Don't forget the lyrics" on the tube. The songs I thought I know, I stunk at, so I started thinking about any song that I sequenced that had vocal and was surprised to learn I did not the all the lyrics to them either. We listen to these songs hundreds of times. Does anyone know all the lyrics to songs they sequence or am I the only one that has CRS syndrome??
i don't so i just go to http://www.lyrics.com

Thanks for posting that link. I've been trying to find lyrics to some of my songs and was looking on Amazon where I get my music, but didn't have any luck there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't remember all the lyrics, but after months of sequencing, I can't get the melodies out of my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know most of the lyrics, because I use songs like this:

"Christmas at Ground Zero" by Weird Al:
"...We can dodge debris while we trim the tree
Underneath the mushroom cloud..."

"Carol of the Bartenders" by Bob Rivers:
"...Don't be a dink
Watch what you drink
Don't be a dork
Don't pop the cork
Don't take the wheel
Don't be a heel
Don't grab the stick
Don't be a dick..."

"Decorations" by Bob Rivers:
"...I'm stringing up decorations
It's draining the power stations
Fake icicle light formations
Imported from third world nations..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven,
I'm also getting into Bob Rivers more and more. He definitely has a unique perspective, and I've found quite a few of his songs that CAN be played in mixed company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

I'm also getting into Bob Rivers more and more.

This year I'm going to experiment with "Merry Christmas Allah" (from the "White Trash Christmas" album). Last year a visitor wanted me to turn all the lights on for a while, so I'm going to use this slow song to do that. The "Karen Carpenter sound" is perfect! And, since all the lights are going to remain on, I'm not wasting a bunch of time sequencing if the song has to be removed next year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian Mitchell wrote:

I listen more to the musicality of the song so I don't remember lyrics.
Even with my all time favorite band, Boston, I think the only song I know the words to is Rock and Roll Band.
I'm more likely to remember words to a song that tell a story.

I knew there was a reason I liked you Brian, Boston is my favorite band also.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:

This year I'm going to experiment with "Merry Christmas Allah" (from the "White Trash Christmas" album).  Last year a visitor wanted me to turn all the lights on for a while, so I'm going to use this slow song to do that.  The "Karen Carpenter sound" is perfect! 


I'm adding his parody of the Chipmunk Christmas song - the lyrics crack me up and I don't really care if it makes someone frown. I'm also working on his "Little Town of Bethlehem" for this year. House of the Rising Sun is one of Sharon's favorite "childhood" songs, and his commbination of the two is amazing. I'll be curious to hear what the civilians on the street think of that one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

I'm also working on his "Little Town of Bethlehem" for this year.

I use that also. My mother saw the show a few years ago and said: "I prefer the original tune."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:

  My mother saw the show a few years ago and said:  "I prefer the original tune."


Okay - I've gotta ask - to which tune was she referring?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

Okay - I've gotta ask - to which tune was she referring?
She was referring to the tune most often used for O Little Town of Bethlehem: St. Lou­is, by Lewis H. Redner, 1868, instead of the one I was (and you will be) playing, the folk tune arranged by Alan Price in 1964.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know who the artist is that did this song: "Parking Spaces"? I got it on a CD I actually found lying in, of all places, a parking lot. But it doesn't give an artist. Also has a few other ones I think could be Bob Rivers (but can't say) and these are "The Restroom Song", "Foreigners", "We Wish You Weren't Living With Us", the first and last could be used in a display, not too sure about "Foreigners", but they are all funny.

The inset to the CD wasn't in the case and the artists aren't listed on the song list imprinted on the CD face.

So if anyone knows the artists to those songs, I'd sure appreciate the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orville wrote:

Anyone know who the artist is that did this song: "Parking Spaces"? Also has a few other ones I think could be Bob Rivers (but can't say) and these are "The Restroom Song", "Foreigners", "We Wish You Weren't Living With Us",

They are all Bob Rivers.

Parking Spaces
The Restroom Door Said "Gentlemen"
Foreigners
We Wish You Weren't Living With Us
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steven wrote:

Orville wrote:
Anyone know who the artist is that did this song: "Parking Spaces"? Also has a few other ones I think could be Bob Rivers (but can't say) and these are "The Restroom Song", "Foreigners", "We Wish You Weren't Living With Us",

They are all Bob Rivers.

Parking Spaces
The Restroom Door Said "Gentlemen"
Foreigners
We Wish You Weren't Living With Us



Thanks Steven. I had a hunch they probably were, but I guess someone must not have liked him, as I found this CD a few years ago lying in an open case in the travel lanes of a grocery store parking lot. Surprised no one had run over it, or I got lucky and found it right after they chunked it!

Looked like someone may have thrown it out the car window, just thought it was strange they removed the CD sleeves that would have the additional info on them as well as title sleeve.

I've bought a few Bob Rivers CD's, but I wasn't absolutely sure if the songs posted were Bob Rivers or someone else's songs, I just have the MP3's on my computer(ripped from CD's), and as I find the info on the song, I use MP3 Tagger to add that information to them. And of course, these 4 didn't have any info in them so I needed to know who did them so I could add information to the MP3 file!

Thanks again!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, so while we're on Bob Rivers, what do you all think of including his stuff during "normal business hours"? My wife and I love "The 12 Pains of Christmas". I'm not normally worried about political correctness, but hate to chase people away from my display.

Edit: Or, do you run his songs during later hours to reduce the chance that little ears will be listening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One look at my playlist shows I'm not opposed to pushing the limit a little, but I'd say that if you'd be embarrassed to hear your kid singing the lyrics in church then maybe it's best later at night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...