Light-O-Rama Forums

Would sure be nice if LOR had a REAL CHAT ROOM

Guest guest

Sometimes I get PM's when I am on-line on the forums, sometimes I get repsonses to comments in the forums, but the one thing I wish we had was a LIVE CHAT ROOM here where we could actually chat in REAL TIME with each other.

Just seems sometimes it would be a lot more helpful if we had such an option when folks are online here.

Anyone else think a live chat room would be a nice feature here?

And if one is already in place, then where is it? As I haven't seen (or found) one anywhere!

Orville wrote:

Sometimes I get PM's when I am on-line on the forums, sometimes I get repsonses to comments in the forums, but the one thing I wish we had was a LIVE CHAT ROOM here where we could actually chat in REAL TIME with each other.

Just seems sometimes it would be a lot more helpful if we had such an option when folks are online here.

And if one is already in place, then where is it? As I haven't seen (or found) one anywhere!

Just my opinion, but every forum (Christmas or otherwise) that I've been on has at one time had a chat room. The "excitement" is there for about two weeks, then it mostly goes unused.

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Don wrote:
Just my opinion, but every forum (Christmas or otherwise) that I've been on has at one time had a chat room. The "excitement" is there for about two weeks, then it mostly goes unused.  (I second this opinion)

bisquit476 wrote:
No (I also second this opinion)

evan.a wrote:
I think IM is better, so its to the person directly when on line. (I also second this opinion too)

Jeff

I'm all in favor of those opinions. :D

I think it would be good if it were like facebook in the right bottom corner of the window. Where you can see a list of people online and click on their name an chat with them directly while still surfing the forums.

This may be what I M is idk. : )

Paul Roberson wrote:

I think it would be good if it were like facebook in the right bottom corner of the window. Where you can see a list of people online and click on their name an chat with them directly while still surfing the forums.

This may be what I M is idk. : )

I don't either. I don't use ANY IM type programs.

So if that is what most folks use, then maybe LOR needs to have a way to display the persons IM name in the forums when on-line to connect with them. I have no ida how that would work.

Guess I'm still old school because I still *DO* use chat rooms, and chat rooms you can chat one on one too, if it was set up that way or has that option(most do). I do it all the time.

Orville wrote:

What would be nice feature is if you found a job.... :D

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:

What would be nice feature is if you found a job.... :D

Hey I CAN'T MAKE ANYONE give me a job! I have been trying and have submitted in the last two weeks alone over 200+ on-line applications, have one supposedly in the works, but am beginning to "write it off", every time I call the agency about it they always have an excuse, we haven't heard back from them yet, the positions is still open but they haven't decided when to interview people, we're calling them right now and we'll call you back no later than the next day. NEVER HAPPENS, they NEVER call back, I call them and get the same crap every single time!

that's what irks the beejeebers out of me or I'll follow up and get we're not hiring (yet they just had positions listed the same day I applied for them) or you don't have the experience we're seeking at the moment, but we'll keep you in mid for later. B'f'n s**t!

So sick of the lies and put offs. It's getting to the point I can understand why some people go get a gun and start robbing stores! The f'n morons CREATE criminals by not hiring someone willing, able and ready to work, especially when they DO have the experience they claim they are looking for, but state they don't, always a load of manure!

I have been out of work since 11/09, and if I had not have had two family members pass away so close together(within 3 weeks apart), I'd still have THAT job, but they terminated me because of the time I required to take off to make funeral arrangements, etc. And it's been hell ever since on trying to get back to work once everything was cleared up!

It's just annoying me no end. Especially when I get calls about prospective interviews and then get left hanging for a week, call back and be told all kinds of rubbish as to why the job is no longer available, why the decided NOT to interview anyone at this time, and the BS list goes on and on and ON!

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Orville wrote:

What would be nice feature is if you found a job.... :P

Hey I CAN'T MAKE ANYONE give me a job!

Your just using to small of a caliber. If your using a 9mm then step up to a 45 ACP. If using a 45 ACP, then step up to a 50 AE. ;):P

If you're really truly are in need of a job, you could apply at http://www.fluor.com/careers/pages/logcap_iv_opportunities.aspx

They are a worldwide contactor with huge contracts with the US Military. They have all different types of jobs available from driving trucks/ heavy equipment/ busses, to cooks, to construction, to general management jobs, and much more.

Jobs in Afghanistan / Iraq start out at over $100,000 per year with minimal or no skills required for some jobs. Only down side is that you would be going to Iraq/Afghanistan for a year. You get like 20 vacation days every 3 months or something like that. You can also quit whenever you want. Unlike me (US Army), I can't quit for another 7 years and I don't even come close to making $100k much less more.

Unlike me (US Army), I can't quit for another 7 years and I don't even come close to making $100k much less more.

Yeah...but you get to carry a weapon to protect yourself!!! :P

And thanks again for serving our country!!!

I should note too that tons of people that work for these contractors love it here and have been here working for 8+ years... I think they are crazy, but who am I... Maybe as a civilian, it's better? Hell, the guys at the fire department make around $140k per year and they haven't had a fire in years (except for a small dumpster fire about a year ago).