Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Voice-Over Music all 1 minute or less

Guest guest

I have a selection of old Midi files I either downloaded many years ago or created on a Midi synthesizer myself, these are all Christmas songs, these files are all 1 minute, usually less, anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds and all are instrumental versions only, there are NO VOCALS in any of them.

Anyone interested in these very short MP3 music files for using as filler music for their displays, PM me for the link to them.

These short MP3 Instrumental files are great for use for voice-overs or for start up or shut down sequences.

Again, PM me for link where to get them for your use.

Guest guest

Dennis Cherry wrote:

BTW

Midi audio files are support in S2.

Yes, that is true, however, you can't add a vocal track to a Midi file, since it is not created the same as an MP3 or WAV file.

When I create a voice-over I actually record it as an MP3, then I MERGE one of these "converted" files with it, the vocal tract being the overlying track with one of these short instrumental cuts as the lower background track. Also MIDi files don't work on the DC-MP3 Showtime Player I use to run my show either. So, yet, another reason these are better in MP3 format for some of us.

EDIT: And I almost forgot, I started converting all these when the MP3 format came out to keep all my music uniform, so I may still have the Midi files on a folder on a CD somewhere, but all music on my computers are in MP3 or WAV (then converted to MP3) format. Mainly because the editors I use to create my voice overs use the MP3 or WAV format and don't support Midi files. Due to Midi files can't be altered to merge with a voice file to create one single file, which is what I need for use with the DC-MP3 Showtime Director.

Oh, and Midi files were usually MONO, some were stereo, but not many, so I have also changed them from MONO to Stereo when I created the MP3 file, this also made the new MP3 file created from it sound much better than it did originally.

Guest guest

Just so folks know:

All these Short MP3 Versions are set at 128Kbps and are Constant Bit Rate for use with the LOR Sequencer or in any of the LOR MP3 Showtime Players/Directors.

Thanks Orville .....

I got 4 songs from your list ... ALL of which will work well with my show !

Dave