Light-O-Rama Forums

When it comes time to sequence . . .

caniac

1) is there a hard and fast rule as to exactly where everything HAS TO BE located or can you get sophisticated with it. What I would like to do is at the root of my hard disk create a folder called c:LOR. Underneath that have the folders CHRISTMAS, HALLOWEEN, OTHER. And then underneath that have folders that say MUSIC, SEQUENCE.

Using that method then I just need to backup LOR and I get ALL OF IT. Are there things stored else where that need backing up.

2) is there a way to setup a layout (ctlr#1 and then 1-16, ctlr#2 channel 1 red light, channel 2 green light, etc.) and do you do that first before even sequencing?

caniac wrote:

1) is there a hard and fast rule as to exactly where everything HAS TO BE located or can you get sophisticated with it. What I would like to do is at the root of my hard disk create a folder called c:LOR. Underneath that have the folders CHRISTMAS, HALLOWEEN, OTHER. And then underneath that have folders that say MUSIC, SEQUENCE.

Using that method then I just need to backup LOR and I get ALL OF IT. Are there things stored else where that need backing up.

2) is there a way to setup a layout (ctlr#1 and then 1-16, ctlr#2 channel 1 red light, channel 2 green light, etc.) and do you do that first before even sequencing?

I create a folder on my D drive for all my sequences and music files. Just make sure if you use a different computer for the show the path remains the same (the show computer would need your C:Lor folder with all sub folders) To be sure play everything once on the show computer.

Little confussed on what you are asking about the setup. You can call the channels anything you want. You can change them at anytime and it does not change the out put.

I had my show all set and in Nov I needed to move one element to another controller. I had to open eveyone of my sequenses and change the controller and channel number of that one element.

Maybe the actual setup?

I know what my yard will look like before I start sequencing.

So you will need to know what controller 2 channel 2 controls before you sequence.

PaulXmas wrote:

Maybe the actual setup?

I know what my yard will look like before I start sequencing.

So you will need to know what controller 2 channel 2 controls before you sequence.
that part i think i have worked out, will most likely leave it setup the WoWlights way to control the mega tree only will be setting up the mega tree as a weber. just hope i am not biting off too much. been working on my mini trees and other items but can't think of a way to build a mockup weber in my office. may be a build it and hope for the best.

I disagree. Yes, you'll need to assign each channel to a controller circuit before you can see lights blinking in the yard, but that has nothing directly to do with sequencing.

There are a few good visualizer drawings floating around for Weber trees and you can create a separate musical sequence just for that to do your sequencing and see what the finished product will look like. Then all you need to do is copy/paste that into your main sequence later on and you're set to go.

George Simmons wrote:

I disagree. Yes, you'll need to assign each channel to a controller circuit before you can see lights blinking in the yard, but that has nothing directly to do with sequencing.

There are a few good visualizer drawings floating around for Weber trees and you can create a separate musical sequence just for that to do your sequencing and see what the finished product will look like. Then all you need to do is copy/paste that into your main sequence later on and you're set to go.
so setup a sequence that is say Weber tree only and once done just cut and paste into a full sequence?

Just so i got this right let's assume i have the weber on controller 2, channels 1-16. pull in a TSO song, play with the sequence to where i have the tree doing exactly what I want to the TSO song. when done go to the "master" TSO sequence and cut and paste it in with everything else?

caniac wrote:

do you label the channels in each sequence or do you have one "master" layout.

I have several configuration files, Halloween, Christmas, 16 channel, 48 channel and 80 channel ones, depending on the size of my display and room. The 80 channel was for the house we lived at, the 48 channel is for our currrent living area in an apartment complex and the 16 channel is because I had started with only one controller, which turned into 5 by the time I was close to setting up the display.

I also have them for silent animation sequences depending on what they are for, some have no lighting effects, blank music configuration for playing music during the displays off times or slowly fading the display elements off and on at 50% or less intensity once the final show has shut down, this keeps the display lit overnight and helps prevent vandalism to the display since the culprit may think twice about trying to do anything because it could trip an alarm or something.

So I use a wide assortment of different configurations, basically all are masters of each type of criteria I may want to do.

Orville wrote:

caniac wrote:

I have several configuration files, Halloween, Christmas, 16 channel, 48 channel and 80 channel ones, depending on the size of my display and room. The 80 channel was for the house we lived at, the 48 channel is for our current living area in an apartment complex and the 16 channel is because I had started with only one controller, which turned into 5 by the time I was close to setting up the display.

I also have them for silent animation sequences depending on what they are for, some have no lighting effects, blank music configuration for playing music during the displays off times or slowly fading the display elements off and on at 50% or less intensity once the final show has shut down, this keeps the display lit overnight and helps prevent vandalism to the display since the culprit may think twice about trying to do anything because it could trip an alarm or something.

So I use a wide assortment of different configurations, basically all are masters of each type of criteria I may want to do.

I understand, I think - the stupid is strong in me!

caniac wrote:

When you get your channels set the way you want them for this year in whatever sequence you're doing, go to EDIT > IMPORT/EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION and choose to export. Give it a name like "2011 setup" or whatever and then save. This saves your channel names, tracks, animation drawings - everything - so you don't need to redo it for each new sequence. When you create a new one, use the config file you saved and you're good to go.

George Simmons Wrote

When you get your channels set the way you want them for this year in whatever sequence you're doing, go to EDIT > IMPORT/EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION and choose to export. Give it a name like "2011 setup" or whatever and then save. This saves your channel names, tracks, animation drawings - everything - so you don't need to redo it for each new sequence. When you create a new one, use the config file you saved and you're good to go.

That one tip has helped sooo much when i got CCR's..Whole display changed..Starting over from scratch...At least I am starting EARLY !!!

• 2 weeks later...