Light-O-Rama Forums

Addict?

Arnoldc

I find myself every day sequencing at home, then again at work during breaks and lunch. When I am not sequencing, I am listening to the music I am sequencing, coming up with more ideas. Co workers and friends think I am nuts (I don't think they are wrong on that one). I hope this isn't a sign of the time to come!

Arnoldc wrote:

I find myself every day sequencing at home, then again at work during breaks and lunch. When I am not sequencing, I am listening to the music I am sequencing, coming up with more ideas. Co workers and friends think I am nuts (I don't think they are wrong on that one). I hope this isn't a sign of the time to come!

I purposely didn't use one of my licenses to install LOR on my work computer just becuase I was afraid I would do sneak sequencing. Now, instead, I spend all my spare time looking at YouTube and Vimeo videos of animated Christmas lights to get ideas. I am glad American Idol is back on so now I can sequence while the wife watches that show and not feel guilty.

It's so bad that if I wake up and can't back to sleep, I start sequencing, sometimes for hours.

I used to have LOTS of favorite shows to watch...Castle, DWTS, AI, NCIS...

Now I just sequence...

Thinking about canceling my cable and saving $100 a month...

Hmmmm...a years worth of no cable could buy 6 CCB's!!!

And yes, I sequence during lunch at work...

jim6918 wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:

I purposely didn't use one of my licenses to install LOR on my work computer just becuase I was afraid I would do sneak sequencing. Now, instead, I spend all my spare time looking at YouTube and Vimeo videos of animated Christmas lights to get ideas. I am glad American Idol is back on so now I can sequence while the wife watches that show and not feel guilty.

It's so bad that if I wake up and can't back to sleep, I start sequencing, sometimes for hours.
same here!! must have viewed no less than ten different ways to do the weber tree.

I would have installed LOR at work but I work on a Mac. During the day I settle for occasional forum posts and video research via Vimeo and YouTube. Hmmm... maybe I need to buy an extra laptop (pc) for work???:cool:

Same here,I dont't sequence at work ,but I am a machinist so I think of ways to set the display up while setting up jobs or during long runs.While at home I sequence at least 1 hour a night.I keep finding new songs I like. This is what I think about most of the time:cool:

Arnoldc wrote:

Feel better now that i know I'm not the one!
ur not, you are just a card carrying member of the Brethren of The Lights!!:dude:

Guest Don Gillespie

Not only do I sequence at work I also sequence on buisness trips, on the plane people are always asking me what I am doing, can't help myself have to show them, and I am constantly sequencing at home so what we are all basically saying is we don't have a life but we all love to sequnce. :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

so what we are all basically saying is we don't have a life but we all love to sequence. :P

well...I don't have a life...but I don't necessarily like to sequence...

it's just a necessary evil... :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
so what we are all basically saying is we don't have a life but we all love to sequence. :P

well...I don't have a life...but I don't necessarily like to sequence...

it's just a necessary evil... :P

You do so have a life its called watch my christmas display this year and watch what I did with my life, all winter, spring, summer and fall. :D

I am seriously considering buying a netbook so i can do some sequencing at work !!!! Every hour 20 min break (15 for sequencing or messing !!!!!)

Built my first contoller last night, works like a charm, now i have to wait to my weekend so i try some of my halloween sequences !!!!!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

martinmc wrote:

I am seriously considering buying a netbook so i can do some sequencing at work !!!! Every hour 20 min break (15 for sequencing or messing !!!!!)

Built my first contoller last night, works like a charm, now i have to wait to my weekend so i try some of my halloween sequences !!!!!!!

I am exactly 30 seconds away from finishing my 17:32.00 second medly that I have been working on since the begining of Feb, this will be my show stopper for this year, worked on it every chance I could after super and any time at work, my heart almost stopped this morning when wife said she just washed my shirt with my memory stick in it I am relentless about saving my work after I sequence so I do not lose anything however the stick is fine and so am I you have lots of time to sequence don't panick, I am reworking over 40 sequences for this year I will be busy.

Don Gillespie wrote:

, this will be my show stopper for this year,

meaning it will fry all the LOR circuits because they had to work so long??? :)

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
, this will be my show stopper for this year,

meaning it will fry all the LOR circuits because they had to work so long??? :)
ROFLMAO!!!:dude:

Lol I thought I had it bad! I plan on a 15-20 min show for being my first year. Dunno how that will work out. I got 1 song done ( amazing grace) and about 2/3 the way done with my second (wizards of winter). I have my 3rd and 4th one picked out, just having a hard time picking out more past that! Lol too much to choose from.
Plus do I dare do any Halloween stuff?! Last year I only had 2 people come to the house! Think I'll focus on christmas.

Arnoldc wrote:

Lol I thought I had it bad! I plan on a 15-20 min show for being my first year. Dunno how that will work out. I got 1 song done ( amazing grace) and about 2/3 the way done with my second (wizards of winter). I have my 3rd and 4th one picked out, just having a hard time picking out more past that! Lol too much to choose from.
Plus do I dare do any Halloween stuff?! Last year I only had 2 people come to the house! Think I'll focus on christmas.

I remember my first year that I figured I had to have 4 songs to at least have a "show". Worst case scenario, I at least have those 4--so knew I could spend my time working on other parts of the display. Then it seemed like the pressure was off. After that, it seemed like the sequencing started coming easier and was able to crank out another 4 or so. Plus even after the show is up and running, I usually like to complete 1 or 2 more to throw in 2 weeks before Christmas (something new for frequent fliers who have visited from the first week (Thanksgiving). As that point when the show is up and running, there isn't much else to do (everything is set up already) so there is time to get more sequencing done. Somehow it is more fun sequencing then since you get to instantly see your results.

Hello,

I sequenced a lot for my 1st LOR 2010 show : some were ready, others just started... For the 2011 show I've already started a few new sequences but as I'm also a flower addict...