Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't access PREFERENCES from the MY ACCOUNT option - GET ERROR!

Guest guest

Just went into the "My Account" option, changed most everythign back, with ONE exception: I can no longer access the Preferences tab to make any e-mail/digest changes.

This is what I get when I click on the "Preferences" tab:

Warning: date_format() expects parameter 1 to be DateTime, string given in /home/mywowbb/public_html/boards/lightorama/my_account.php on line 266

Fatal error: Call to undefined function time_format() in /home/mywowbb/public_html/boards/lightorama/my_account.php on line 267

Looks like the forum ISN'T completely up to snuff or someone missed this one!

The entire platform the service is hosted on went through an upgrade process yesterday. This was an event Light-O-Rama had no control over.

There are several small issues being worked on at this time, including this one.

Sending an email to support@lightorama.com or filling out a support ticket at http://www.lightorama.com/support would be helpful in adding/tracking any other issues people may find.

Thanks for the info. Appears when they did the upgrade they didn't bother to back up some things and looks like they possibly lost some directories of the forum in the process for these errors to crop up. As well as a lot of good info that was also posted.

Whomever their IT person is, all I can say they didn't do a very good job of making sure everything on the system was BACKED UP and then restored back to the new area/server/drives, etc..

Personally I'd be looking for a new IT person after a fiasco like that. But that's me.

Just sent an e-mail, it still isn't working (preferences) yet (gave it a couple days to see if it had been fixed).

Still get this message/page when clicked:

Warning: date_format() expects parameter 1 to be DateTime, string given in /home/mywowbb/public_html/boards/lightorama/my_account.php on line 266

Fatal error: Call to undefined function time_format() in /home/mywowbb/public_html/boards/lightorama/my_account.php on line 267

rwertz wrote:

I hear cheese goes well with whine :P

cheese.jpg

Thanks for the Cheese. But I'm NOT whining, just stating info so others may know that the "preferences" tab/button still isn't working, got an reply via e-mal that Mr. Fixit is still working on it.

Guess this option is a little more difficult to track down and fix than most of the others.

Not complaining or whining, just trying to inform others of an issue that still exists.

Orville wrote:

Not complaining or whining, just trying to inform others of an issue that still exists.

Just poking a little fun, I couldn't help myself.

rwertz wrote:

Orville wrote:

Just poking a little fun, I couldn't help myself.

That's okay. I needed the cheese. Would've prefered cheddar, but Swiss is good.:P:D

Although could have done without the rat, but then again, I just gave him to my cat.:shock::cool: