Light-O-Rama Forums

West Seattle Lights 2010 Videos

jimswinder

Okay...here are just a few of my videos...actually the only three I have finished!! LOL

I apologize for the HORRIBLE video quality...but that's what happens when you buy a new camera, don't test it out and then shoot 4 hours of video New Years Eve and the display is taken down the next day...

Amazing Grace Techno by Yule...This sequence I got from someone..wish I could remember who, so I could publicly thank you.

http://vimeo.com/20545885

Takin' Care of Christmas...I pretty much "stole" this sequence from Chuck Downs. (after watching the first few seconds of his video I said "I gotta do that"!)...whom I aspire to be able to sequence HALF as good as he does someday

Downs Family Christmas Video...for comparison and to see how it is done RIGHT!!!

http://vimeo.com/8451445

Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley...this is the first song I sequenced two years ago...so it holds a special place in my heart and soul...

http://vimeo.com/20584384
  • Like 1

What - it's March and you're just getting video posted? You think we have nothing better to do than just sit around and wait till you feel like it? You Seattlers must live in a permanent fog or something...

Actually, Jim, I disagree with your assessment of the camera, so feel free to dump it off on me if you want to get rid of it. I'm sorry you didn't get video before the Weber tree bit it - I was looking forward to seeing that. Nice job with the lights and the sequencing, but your video editing makes me dizzy - either that or my rhinovirus infestation is affecting me more than I realize...

George...I didn't want to say it but .....you started it !!!!! Soooo many cuts and movements with zoom..Had to fix me another double Gin to see if it was just me!!!!

George Simmons wrote:

- I was looking forward to seeing that.

I do have two songs with my "make shift" Weber tree...might have them posted by July!! LOL

Nice job with the lights and the sequencing, but your video editing makes me dizzy - either that or my rhinovirus infestation is affecting me more than I realize...

I figured someone would comment about that...was just having fun...but the rest of the videos won't have so many edits...

PS: We are SeattLITES....like Bud Lites...only better!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

George...I didn't want to say it but .....

I see...Great Job...BUT LOL

And here I thought I could count on you guys for an HONEST opinion!!!! :P

Sorry Jim...But i will use my Daughter this year for Web site and Video...Spent a small fortune sending her to college for graffic design...If it looks bad..I can blame it on HER !!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Spent a small fortune sending her to college for graffic design...

ohhhh, the controllers and LED's you could have gotten...

plus a new spell checker for your computer.... :P

George Simmons wrote:

Actually, Jim, I disagree with your assessment of the camera, so feel free to dump it off on me if you want to get rid of it.

oh...I was not blaming the camera...it was ALL my fault!!!

I did not have the settings right, so it only did what I told it to do ..

Ron Amedee wrote:

Spell chjecker !!! I'm from Louisiana !!!We can't SPHELL !!!! At least you DID a Show...I ain't posted nothin' yet !!!!!

you know..as Bob pointed out in another thread...your avatar is quite graffic!!! lol

jimswinder wrote:

you know..as Bob pointed out in another thread...your avatar is quite graffic!!!

Yeah - but what users of Windows PC's HAVEN'T felt that way? Granted, not everyone chooses to make pizza out of their keyboard with their cranium, but I'll bet 98% of us have felt like doing it...

jimswinder wrote:

Takin' Care of Christmas...I pretty much "stole" this sequence from Chuck Downs. (after watching the first few seconds of his video I said "I gotta do that"!)...whom I aspire to be able to sequence HALF as good as he does someday

http://vimeo.com/20545268

Downs Family Christmas Video...for comparison and to see how it is done RIGHT!!!

http://vimeo.com/8451445

His yard is spread out, he has a number of trees in his yard and those lights in the back ground look a mile away. His layout & your layout are way different and so you really cannot compare the two displays because they are two distinct displays.

You are in the same situation as I am and that is........ a compact space in which to work. I can see all your lights clearly whereas some of his are far away. In my books you both did a good job.

You could in away make the same layout by making some PVC trees. If you can make a trunk with just 4 limbs times 4 trees that would really help.

Did you ask him for his sequence?

lightzilla wrote:

His layout & your layout are way different and so you really cannot compare the two displays because they are two distinct displays.

**I wasn't really comparing the display layouts, because EVERYONES is different...I was commenting on his sequencing skills**

**Nope...at that time I was a firm believer in doing my own sequences...boy, did that go out the window last year!!! LOL**

jimswinder wrote:

l

**I wasn't really comparing the display layouts, because EVERYONES is different...I was commenting on his sequencing skills**

**Nope...at that time I was a firm believer in doing my own sequences...boy, did that go out the window last year!!! LOL**

That is true but, I wonder how your sequence would look on his display?

Anyhow I emailed him about his sequence but I received no reply as of yet.

George Simmons wrote:

What - it's March and you're just getting video posted? You think we have nothing better to do than just sit around and wait till you feel like it? You Seattlers must live in a permanent fog or something...

Its that Boeing mentality...they are usually kinda' late on deliverables...:):D:D:D:P:P

DonFL wrote:

Its that Boeing mentality...they are usually kinda' late on deliverables...:):D:D:D:P:P

Ouch!! Hittng below the belt!!! LOL

That's okay...I just work at Boeing but am not a Boeing employee...contractor...

DonFL wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

I'm part of the Boeing supply chain. Thats the mentality when it's time to pay me. :P)

• The topic was locked