Light-O-Rama Forums

Using Christmas Movie Audio as prelude to songs

shempster

Anyone been using audio from movies like Christmas Vacation or It's a Wonderful Life as a prelude? Any software can you recommend to rip the audio files from DVD movies?

wallleyes wrote:

I guess my internet connection is to slow right now. The link above takes to long to load.

On the other hand this software is o k for DVDs. However a little gizmo like "honestech VHS to DVD 3.0" or better can take music from VHS, Records, & cassettes.

Or you can buy "ADS Instant Music" if you want just the audio from records or cassettes.

We are going to spend a crap load of bucks on CD's to replace those Cassettes, or buy a whack of songs from iTunes, Napster, CD Baby or some other place.....heck why not spend $50.00 and record music from those cassettes or LP's you have at home.

Just a thought.

If you have Audacity, you can set it to record the computer output. Thus, playing the DVD on your computer and hitting record is all you have to do. The only thing is you would have to adjust the record and speaker volume to avoid clipping.

Will Sanders

Something else to think about...

There's a ton of websites out there with little audio snippets from various movies. Depending upon what you're looking for, it may be very easy to go that route. I've done that for one of my songs planned for next year already.

A few hundred years ago I tried something that worked out pretty good. I took a splitter and put it in the output of my sound card. I ran one side of the splitter to my speakers and the other side back into the input (mic) of the sound card. This was way back in the days of win3.1. I guess it could still work.

MikeH

I have used several movie files and sequenced them which usually translates to adding time at the beginning and have also added audio to slideshows and other Christmas videos (Music videos work really well). Then with a second video output; project them onto vellum on a inside window (keeps projector dry and secure).

However, most of my "viewers" would rather watch Virtual Santa by christaslightshow.com.

I also ran a screen saver with Christmas backgrounds that kicked in when I had no "video" playing.