Light-O-Rama Forums

48 channel mega-tree

Guest guest

My dad has a 40' real tree with with 96 strands of C9 lights. He puts two strands on each channel running all the way up the tree which gives him 48 vertical strands up the tree. He cannot program himself and left it up to me. I am busy with my own display and I am really sweating getting his done. Does anybody have any good sequences with a 48 channel mega tree you would be willing to share. One that if I cut everything else out and only used the mega tree it would still be a pretty good sequence. This is the only thing my dad has is the tree so there is nothing else to program.

Are you looking for animation or music? I would think an animation sequence would be pretty easy to create.

If your looking for an animation sequence, I don't have a mega tree but I will have a 48 channel one next year and I would be willing to give it a shot now.

Wow, 96 C9 strands. What ever the sequince is you will only be able to have 60 channels on at the same time. That assuming your strands are 25 lights so 50 total per channel and you are going to change both fuses to the 20 amp fuses and have 2 20 amp supplies to each controller. So that means your 3 controllers will be using 120 total amps. Is this what your planning? I have am using a lot of c9's on my roof and very formiliar with making sure you dont go over your max amps. I would be willing to make a couple of spins fades ect that you could use for the tree. But I would need a little more info about the tree. If you drop me a PM I will send you my phone number so we can work it out.

We have it worked out. We did the same thing last year. He has four 16 channel boards and only uses 12 channels out of each one. He has to leave four blank so he doesn't overload the board. I just need some new sequences for him. I have about 7 or 8 from last year but he wants some more and I just don't have time to do it.