Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with my LOR1602MP3 (resolved)

Guest guest

I plugged my unit in for the very first time last night and ran my Halloween show. It worked but needed some tweaking so I made a few changes and ran it again. All was ok. This morning I tried to run it again for my husband and it's not working! Panic time!

I have power. LED on the DC-MP3 is green. LED on the LOR160xW is blinking red. I am assuming that means I have no communiciation with the controller.But how do I fix this?All cables are fully seated, fuses look good. The sequences and music play on my PC and they can be read from the SD memory card. Anyone have any ideas?

Lisa

justduckio wrote:

I plugged my unit in for the very first time last night and ran my Halloween show. It worked but needed some tweaking so I made a few changes and ran it again. All was ok. This morning I tried to run it again for my husband and it's not working! Panic time!

I have power. LED on the DC-MP3 is green. LED on the LOR160xW is blinking red. I am assuming that means I have no communiciation with the controller.But how do I fix this?All cables are fully seated, fuses look good. The sequences and music play on my PC and they can be read from the SD memory card. Anyone have any ideas?

Lisa

With the power on and the SD card not in the unit, does the Red "E" led on the MP3 card blink? When you insert the card (with the power on) does the Red "E" led on the MP3 card stop blinking?

Do you have both sound and lights? If so is there no sound as well as no lights?

Thanks so much for the prompt response. The culprit was a bad SD card. A trip to Walmart solved the issue. Crisis averted !!

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that it turned out to be so minor.

Lisa

justduckio wrote:

Thanks so much for the prompt response. The culprit was a bad SD card. A trip to Walmart solved the issue. Crisis averted !!

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that it turned out to be so minor.

Lisa

Hello Lisa

I noticed that same problem. If I wrote to the card alot it would stop working. I took it out reformatted the card, copy files again. Worked great.

Just thought I would let you know to try and reformat card before discarding it.

Tim