Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Not about arches


Guest Don Gillespie

Recommended Posts

Guest Don Gillespie

Some of the videos I have seen this year are showing beside the arches there is a pole of lights that are vertical

question #1 how high is everyones pole

Question #2 how many lights do you use

I am assuming you would wrap the pole the same way you would wrap your arches I do mine in sections for easy replacement if a section goes dark what is everyone doing ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Gillespie wrote:

Some of the videos I have seen this year are showing beside the arches there is a pole of lights that are vertical

question #1 how high is everyones pole

I remember a time I was out fishing sitting on my can holding my pole.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At my age my pole doesn't get as high as it use too:D:D. All kiddig a aside I have four poles about five high with five sections each did not wrap them as sleeves because I had them before that I dea came up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Some of the videos I have seen this year are showing beside the arches there is a pole of lights that are vertical

question #1 how high is everyones pole

I remember a time I was out fishing sitting on my can holding my pole.



If anyone has a dirty mind they would hope you were sitting ona towel so your can didn't get dirty good one Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Denis Chaput wrote:

At my age my pole doesn't get as high as it use too:D:D. All kidding a aside I have four poles about five high with five sections each did not wrap them as sleeves because I had them before that Idea came up


The other question is.......do you want a star on top of your "Fire Sticks" or what you prefer to name them?

I used a 1.5" x 6 foot PVC pole and 35 count LED light strings and it held 8 channels on it.

I am thinking of going with 2" or 3" x 8ft PVC pipe this year with the star on top. I will be using 70 count strings......I want 6 channels for the pole & two channels for two different size stars or 5 channels for the pole & 3 channels for 3 stars.

Or I might go with 2" or 3" x 8ft PVC pipe this year with a "fire works" display at the top.

Or maybe I can do both.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Don Gillespie

Denis Chaput wrote:

At my age my pole doesn't get as high as it use too:D:D. All kiddig a aside I have four poles about five high with five sections each did not wrap them as sleeves because I had them before that I dea came up

Even it did get as high as it used to would you still be wrapping it with 5 strings and are your strings the 100 count :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please click on the link below and watch the poles in action with the stars on top. He posted this on the Canadian forum and no doubt here too.

http://mattsonlights.com/?page_id=386

Are you going LED or regular mini lights. You could go with 100 count mini lights or 1 70 count string & 1 35 count string of LEDs for 105 count....if you buy your lights here in Alberta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

Please click on the link below and watch the poles in action with the stars on top. He posted this on the Canadian forum and no doubt here too.

http://mattsonlights.com/?page_id=386

Are you going LED or regular mini lights. You could go with 100 count mini lights or 1 70 count string & 1 35 count string of LEDs for 105 count....if you buy your lights here in Alberta.

They will be wrapped in sections the same way I do my arches in 16 inch segments just in case there happens to be a string go dark I have 5 extra strings wrapped and ready for the arches so doing the fire sticks or poles the same way makes sense but thanks for the star idea I just happened to have 6 extra stars with nothing better to do but now they are going to have a new job by the way the video looks good two years ago I bought over 10,000 mini lights I cleared out all of the stores so I will wrap them with the minis for this year
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Gillespie wrote:

Denis Chaput wrote:
At my age my pole doesn't get as high as it use too:D:D. All kiddig a aside I have four poles about five high with five sections each did not wrap them as sleeves because I had them before that I dea came up

Even it did get as high as it used to would you still be wrapping it with 5 strings and are your strings the 100 count :D

I,m using 70ct multicolored leds wrapped on 1" pvc pipe and using I/2" pipe welded on old car rim in the center , Just slip the pvc over the 1/2" pipe. You could do the same for sleeves and have the pipe screwed into a coupling for your stand for easy storage.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

My poles have 9 inches, I mean segments. 100 ct mini incandescents.

Well George, I have heard of snakes that have had two heads. But cant say I have heard of a man with more than one pole that is nine inches.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Don Gillespie

Max-Paul wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
My poles have 9 inches, I mean segments. 100 ct mini incandescents.

Well George, I have heard of snakes that have had two heads. But cant say I have heard of a man with more than one pole that is nine inches.

I can see the wording of this thread was wrong however the responses have been good, George when you say you have 9 segments how big is each segment when I wrap my arch segments I use 16 inch wraps if thats the case then your poles would be 12 feet high, many a woman would love to know you if thats the case :D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Gillespie wrote:

if thats the case then your poles would be 12 feet high, many a woman would love to know you if thats the case :D

Must be Italian!!!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Denis Chaput wro



I,m using 70ct multicolored leds wrapped on 1" pvc pipe and using I/2" pipe welded on old car rim in the center , Just slip the pvc over the 1/2" pipe. You could do the same for sleeves and have the pipe screwed into a coupling for your stand for easy storage.

I take it that the tire rim is used for a stand. I guess that will not move.

I use those "deck blocks" with a hole in the center and I can put my pole in that hole. I believe the hole is 2" round and so a 1.5 inch x 4ft PVC pole works great and then I slide a 2" PVC pipe over that. I use these blocks for my 1/2 size mega trees. They should hold the "Bellagio poles" just fine, or "Fire Sticks", or "Leaping poles" or the "Gillespie poles" has a good ring to it or what ever name people give them.

The final product will look just fine that I am sure of.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

They should hold the "Bellagio poles" just fine, or "Fire Sticks", or "Leaping poles" or the "Gillespie poles" has a good ring to it or what ever name people give them.

The final product will look just fine that I am sure of.

I like the sound of these can I patenet these babies LOL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

George Simmons wrote:

My poles have 9 inches, I mean segments. 100 ct mini incandescents.

How many strands do you have per segment?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always wanted a pole. I only have arches. If I could straighten out one of my arches, then I would have a pole. I tried once... but it was not stiff enough. It kept falling over and I was left with arches.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...