Light-O-Rama Forums

not sure how to load the new firmware

Guest guest

I have 1 controller that i need to update with the new firmware but i am not sure how to do it. i went to the lor web site but am still confused. i see 2 programs for the ctb16d one that is for blue board and one for green but it also says u must update your hardware utility and im getting all messed up with this i just want my L.E.D. lights to work right .i try to downlaod the utility upgrade as it says to do and it says that one already exists do i want to replace i click yes and it gives me an error. please help i am lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you download the new hardware utility make sure that none of the LOR programs are running. If you do not have any LOR programs running let us know and we willl go the next step.

gsxr7500 wrote:

I have 1 controller that i need to update with the new firmware but i am not sure how to do it. i went to the lor web site but am still confused. i see 2 programs for the ctb16d one that is for blue board and one for green but it also says u must update your hardware utility and im getting all messed up with this i just want my L.E.D. lights to work right .i try to downlaod the utility upgrade as it says to do and it says that one already exists do i want to replace i click yes and it gives me an error. please help i am lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Close all LOR Programs.
2) Download new LOR Hardware Utility. (HWU)
3) Run the new Hardware Utility. This will install the new HWU.
4) Download new firmware version based on the color of your board.
5) Open HWU.
6) Connect a SINGLE controller to the computer. (And only one. No exceptions!)
7) Click "Refresh" and locate the LOR Controller.
8) Click FIRMWARE at the bottom of the page.
9) "Step One" select "only one unit is connected"
10) Click "Open" -> Select the firmware that you saved in step 4.
11) Click "DOWNLOAD"
12) When done, click "refresh." When done, you should see the new firmware version at the top of the screen.