Light-O-Rama Forums

February Sale

caniac

most of you talk about a February Sale but is this in reference to LOR Software, hardware, other items with other vendors? All my stuff was purchased thru WOWLIghts so does it apply to them also?

Inquiring minds want to know!! lol

I need to add to my setup and start working/planning my Halloween/Christmas displays.

Don wrote:

So far, all of the conversations on the forums regarding sales are in reference to sales by Light-O-Rama.

but are they putting hardware on sale or software or both?

I dont remember software going on sale either.

But I would also like to know if WOWlights will be matching LORs sale on these controllers.... they are an authorized distributor for LOR.

ace_master wrote:

I dont remember software going on sale either.

But I would also like to know if WOWlights will be matching LORs sale on these controllers.... they are an authorized distributor for LOR.

I think you'd have to ask WOWlights what their plans are.

Understand that the Feb sale is considered an inventory reduction sale for LOR, not everything is on sale in the spring as it is during the summer sale.

I have not seen a connection between LOR sales and WOW sales and wouldnt expect the connection to be made when LOR is trying to reduce the inventory they have on hand.

Guest wbottomley

If this sale is held in March, would it still be called a February sale?

Just saying.

Dan will make an announcement when the time gets closer and usually lists the prices too.

Mountainwxman wrote:

If this sale is held in March, would it still be called a February sale?

Just saying.

Dan will make an announcement when the time gets closer and usually lists the prices too.

More accurately, since the sale usually happens in February, and supposedly is going to happen a couple weeks later (probably early March then), then why is it called the Spring Sale when it is usually over before Spring even starts? :?

Spring Sale: February/March time frame will be an inventory clearance sale. Limit quantities and great prices!
http://www.lightorama.com/w_sale_info.htm

And for those that are asking what is usually on sale, here is last year's sale info:
http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html

Jeff Millard wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
...then why is it called the Spring Sale when it is usually over before Spring even starts? :?

...wishful thinking? Like, maybe that dang rat won't come out looking for it's shadow and extend Winter just this once...

I guess it would make sense that in New Jersey you guys use a rat rather than a groundhog.
unionrat.jpg

Jeff Millard wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
...then why is it called the Spring Sale when it is usually over before Spring even starts? :?

...wishful thinking? Like, maybe that dang rat won't come out looking for it's shadow and extend Winter just this once...

As far as I know, no one from Light-O-Rama has ever referred to it as the "Spring Sale" or "February Sale", at least, not in any official communications. It's always either been the "super secret sale" (earlier name for it) or more recently, "inventory clearance sale." It takes place after they do an inventory count, so the time varies from year to year.

The sale is being done for inventory clearance for tax reasons. Since software is done on a per-license basis, and not a physical item, it won't be on sale.

And the inventory clears very quickly. I didn't participate in last year's sale, but I've been told the stock of the CTB16PC boards sold out in 4 minutes.

The sale later in the year, in June or July, is not an inventory clearance sale, and the quantities won't be limited. The prices aren't as good, but you will be able to get what you want.

Jack Stevens wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:

As far as I know, no one from Light-O-Rama has ever referred to it as the "Spring Sale" or "February Sale", at least, not in any official communications. It's always either been the "super secret sale" (earlier name for it) or more recently, "inventory clearance sale." It takes place after they do an inventory count, so the time varies from year to year.

Umm...

Spring Sale: February/March time frame will be an inventory clearance sale. Limit quantities and great prices!

Looks pretty "official" to me. I guess somebody could have hacked their site to change it to "spring" though. :D

Guest wbottomley

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Jack Stevens wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:

As far as I know, no one from Light-O-Rama has ever referred to it as the "Spring Sale" or "February Sale", at least, not in any official communications.  It's always either been the "super secret sale" (earlier name for it) or more recently, "inventory clearance sale."  It takes place after they do an inventory count, so the time varies from year to year.

Umm...

Looks pretty "official" to me.  I guess somebody could have hacked their site to change it to "spring" though.  :D

I'm with Jeff on this one. Even though the link you provided is right as in what is says... earlier sales were called inventory reduction sale or secret sale.

See the images below...

FEB2008SALE.gif

SecretSale2.gif

SecretSale2009.gif

I think I am the guilty party when it comes to calling it the spring sale. I will say it or write it and then try to correct myself because it really isn't a spring sale.

I think that the February sale will run in the first or second week of March this year.

Dan

caniac wrote:

most of you talk about a February Sale but is this in reference to LOR Software, hardware, other items with other vendors? All my stuff was purchased thru WOWLIghts so does it apply to them also?

Inquiring minds want to know!! lol

I need to add to my setup and start working/planning my Halloween/Christmas displays.

If you bought a Lor PC controller from WOWlights they will notify you via email when their sale begins. They send emails my way regarding sales, contest etc. Once a year WOWlights has a sale. This is what you would call a secret sale.

However Light-O-Rama's secret sale is not a secret as there is about 5 threads on this subject on this forum and any other forum out there.

You need to place an order in vary, vary fast because it only took 5 minutes last year to place 400 orders.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Jack Stevens wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:

Umm...

Looks pretty "official" to me. I guess somebody could have hacked their site to change it to "spring" though. :P

You are correct, sir, and I was mistaken. It happens occasionally; I saw that shortly after I made the above post, but didn't get a chance to go back and post a retraction.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. As a punishment for posting incorrect information, and using what little Latin I remember from high school, I won't participate in last year's Sprint Sale.

Jack Stevens wrote:

...I won't participate in last year's Sprint Sale.

Oh no, now Jack has given it a new name. It's now the Sprint Sale. :P

With the speed things sell at, maybe that's not a bad name.