Light-O-Rama Forums

spiral tree

sysco

jimswinder wrote:

click on the link in my signature for 2010 sequences and download Sandstorm...
THANK YOU! :D
I was looking to do a 24 channel too!

ace_master wrote:

THANK YOU! :D

It's pretty basic...was wanting to make it better all season long...but alas...no time...

this year! lol

Hopefully I will have the video up pretty soon so you can see what it looks like too...

jimswinder wrote:

ace_master wrote:
THANK YOU! :P

It's pretty basic...was wanting to make it better all season long...but alas...no time...

this year! lol

Hopefully I will have the video up pretty soon so you can see what it looks like too...

Jim thank you for making your sequence available it does help Blair

If anyone is interested I made an animation sequence of the spiral tree I made so I could see how it more or less looked, in the visualizer.
After I made all my sequences I wasn’t so happy with some of them but didn’t have a way to simulate the tree in the visualizer. I had ask a couple people if they had one and no one seemed to, so I went outside and took a picture of the tree strand by strand and came back in and drew in the lights strand by strand. It's not perfect but it does give you an idea of what it looks like.

My tree is 4 colors 8 channel per color, 32 channels over all. You can take it and change it to all 32 channels white or 16 and 16.
My tree was only 7ft tall so it will be different than the taller trees.

The animation file is attached. The sequencing sample was done by someone else on here (sorry I don't remember who, but it's good). I D/L it hoping there would be animation but there wasn't, so I added the animation.

Attached files Spiral samples.las

jerryb721 wrote:

The animation file is attached. The sequencing sample was done by someone else on here (sorry I don't remember who, but it's good). I D/L it hoping there would be animation but there wasn't, so I added the animation.

VERY nice job...wish I had the patience to do something like that!! lol

jimswinder wrote:

jerryb721 wrote:

VERY nice job...wish I had the patience to do something like that!! lol

Jerryb

Great job on the animation i tried it messed it up Blair

MikeA wrote:

is there a way to copy that animation into my current animation?

Awesome job!!

if you are asking to "merge" it with your existing animation...no...

but Dan did mention a new visualizer coming out this year...maybe with the new one you might be able to copy and paste...

I posted this on Planet Christmas Forumn, but can't seem to log in to the new forumnDoes anyone have a Sprial Tree Calculator to tell you the spacing between lights ect.....

Thanks,

Larry Leonhardt

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

I posted this on Planet Christmas Forumn, but can't seem to log in to the new forumnDoes anyone have a Sprial Tree Calculator to tell you the spacing between lights ect.....
Thanks,

Larry Leonhardt
Hey Larry... When you do manage to get on PC... you can contact ChrisL1976 (He seems to be a member here too, but no active posts). he posted a calculator, but since the forum changeover, the link has been dead. If you can get a PM to him, I'm sure he will send it to you.

ace_master wrote:

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Thanks,

Larry Leonhardt
Hey Larry... When you do manage to get on PC... you can contact ChrisL1976 (He seems to be a member here too, but no active posts). he posted a calculator, but since the forum changeover, the link has been dead. If you can get a PM to him, I'm sure he will send it to you.

Thanks, I'll give him a shout.