Light-O-Rama Forums

Gordon Lights 2010 Videos

Fabian

For those of you who just can't seem to get enough Christmas videos, here are the two new musical sequences we added for 2010:

Above - Blue Man Group - http://www.vimeo.com/18581338

Do You Hear What I Hear? - Spiraling - http://www.vimeo.com/18581504

If you want to follow the entire show in the correct sequence, go here: http://www.gordonlights.com/Videos/2010.asp

Enjoy!

Fabian

Totally Awesome Your show has a theater feeling.. to it!

The only thing you need to add are live singers.

Im having a hard time keeping my jaw off the ground. Your display is just awesome. Great job! And your sequencing is perfect.

Dale J wrote:

Fabian what a fantastic display and ya i love the grid layout how many channels? and great timing

Thanks Dale.

There are actually two grids in use on each side of the yard. One is a "box grid" made up of 16 rows and 24 columns per side, and the other is a radial grid made up of 48 "spokes" per side. So that's basically 6 controllers for each side of the yard (12 total) to do all the grids.

Fabian

You have a great display. My family and I enjoyed visiting it this year. Is there anyway to remove the circle around your star? It makes it look a little bit like a pentagram at first glance...

Thanks for the info i figured it would be quit a few channels it really gives you lots of options for programing nice work thanks again

No disrespect to any others (there are plenty of very talented people on here), but the Blue Man Group is some of the best sequencing I have ever seen. IMHO

Great job!

JerryB721 said

No disrespect to any others (there are plenty of very talented people on here), but the Blue Man Group is some of the best sequencing I have ever seen. IMHO

Great job!

I agree totally...4000 + Channels !!!! The sequencing is soooo spot on that even after veiwing 100's of light shows I am in utter ( i don't even have words for it)

WOW The video's changed my life !! If i gain the sequencing skills that would be the show and music I would choose.

YOU ROCK !!!!

ok...my hubby wants to see a daytime pics with all your cords! This is sooo incredible! Do you really have 4000 channels? How long does it take to sequence??

debtoews wrote:

ok...my hubby wants to see a daytime pics with all your cords!  This is sooo incredible!  Do you really have 4000 channels?  How long does it take to sequence??

I can believe he has over 4000 channels because he has a bunch of RGB channels, which are 3 channels for each RGB channel, and the channel count really adds up, and fast when you have RGB channels.

jem5136 wrote:

debtoews wrote:
ok...my hubby wants to see a daytime pics with all your cords! This is sooo incredible! Do you really have 4000 channels? How long does it take to sequence??

I can believe he has over 4000 channels because he has a bunch of RGB channels, which are 3 channels for each RGB channel, and the channel count really adds up, and fast when you have RGB channels.

Exactly. There are actually 4424 channels in the setup:

LOR AC Channels : 1,216
LOR DC Channels : 32 (RGB)
LOR CCR Channels : 1,256 (RGB)
RGB Mini Trees (DMX): 1,920 (RGB)

There are actually many more channels (about another 2,200 on the DMX side) out there I did not utilze, but the above channel count table represents what's actually implemented in live sequences this year.

Fabian