Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights controlled by Xbox Kinect

timmy

Now THAT is cool! I think it would work a lot better than a Wii -- because no physical controllers are needed.

I don't know how it works as far as range of motion compared to the lights lighting up, but wouldn't it be cool if you could "point" to parts of your display and have them light up? That would be really sweet!

timmy wrote:

If someone could figure that out, AWESOME!

Someone has figured it out, you posted the video that shows it!

E1.31 hardware is available from Ed Bryson of Joshua Systems in Knoxville,Tn

LOR controllers will respond to the DMX command outputs to control the lights.

Not a very practicle application though, in my opinion.

Would be cool to have something like that near the street so when a cars drives by, you can have the lights chase the cars.

I was talking if you could point at certain objects in your display and the item light up. In the video the lights were not controlled as precise as it would take to accomplish this. I was saying if it could be tweaked to control specifics.

mejohnm wrote:

Would be cool to have something like that near the street so when a cars drives by, you can have the lights chase the cars.

You can do that now, using motion sensors and trigger inputs

JBullard wrote:

You can do that now, using motion sensors and trigger inputs

That is cool. I guess I have not looked far enough into the possibilities with these controllers.

Last summer I had my flowerbeds flash red/blue patterns similar to police cars. It would definately slow down traffic. Now I've got more lights and floods, hmmmm, wonder if it can determine rough speed to trigger the lights?!