Light-O-Rama Forums

Removing seconds off a the start of a sequence

Guest guest

In one of my sequences there is about 3 seconds of silence before the music and sequence starts. Is there a way to remove those few seconds off the beginning of the sequence without messing up my entire sequence?

What I do is:

1] OMG PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP
2] Remove the three seconds from the audio using Audacity.
3] Load up the sequence, highlight all rows from the three second mark until the end of the song. Copy it.
4] Click on the first block of the top row at the start of the song.
5] Paste it.
6] Clean up the last three seconds of the song, and go EDIT -> Change Total Time to make your song 3 seconds shorter so the sequencer doesn't become confused.

You may have to try moving things back and forth just a little to get the timing good enough.

EDIT: Added step 6.

jmccorm wrote:

What I do is:

1] OMG PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP
2] Remove the three seconds from the audio using Audacity.
3] Load up the sequence, highlight all rows from the three second mark until the end of the song. Copy it.
4] Click on the first block of the top row at the start of the song.
5] Paste it.
6] Clean up the last three seconds of the song, and go EDIT -> Change Total Time to make your song 3 seconds shorter so the sequencer doesn't become confused.

You may have to try moving things back and forth just a little to get the timing good enough.

I just tried this technique. It worked perfectly! Thanks jmccorm for a good step-by-step.:D

jeff