Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about controlling twinkle function

Guest guest

I am new to LOR, I understand how to use the level settings for ramp up and down but. My Question is does LOR have a way to reduce the level of twinkle levels. I have set up a sequence where some of the lights are on in the "background" on a low level and at some points I would like to have them twinkle, but if they do it at full level I am afraid it wont look right.

engraverguy wrote:

I am new to LOR, I understand how to use the level settings for ramp up and down but. My Question is does LOR have a way to reduce the level of twinkle levels. I have set up a sequence where some of the lights are on in the "background" on a low level and at some points I would like to have them twinkle, but if they do it at full level I am afraid it wont look right.

Nope. Twinkle is always at 100% intensity. You have to do some creative programming to get a lower intensity twinkle.

Well thanks for the response..........Im not sure how much diffrent all my programing is going to look when i get my units but wow this is a lot of work at least the first year ................MAN :shock:

Set your grid spacing to around a 1/2 sec or 1/4 second. Then you can set different intensity levels and make you own custom fading shimmer or twinkle effect. The software will not let you do a fading shimmer or twinkle because it would be like putting two commands on top of each other.

I believe LOR 2 will have some more options for the shimmer and twinkle effect. At least I thought I read that somewhere.

Set your grid spacing to around a 1/2 sec or 1/4 second. Then you can set different intensity levels and make you own custom fading shimmer or twinkle effect. The software will not let you do a fading shimmer or twinkle because it would be like putting two commands on top of each other.

I believe LOR 2 will have some more options for the shimmer and twinkle effect. At least I thought I read that somewhere.

splicer480 wrote:

The same advice holds true. You have to write your own "twinkle" if you want to change the intensity or speed. Obviously, you loose the randomness when you write your own.