Light-O-Rama Forums

Do I need to update firmware with upgrade to S2?

steve

I have been running Lor 1 for 4 to 5 years and not done any upgrades. The shows have been working great with no issues. I am planning on upgrading to S2 and was wondering if I should do the firmware upgrades also. I have 4 CTB16 (I think 2 are V2) and 1 CTB08 boards.

Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

If I remember right, some of the features in S2 won't work with the old firmware. (Depending on how old your firmware is).. If memory serves me right, one of the many features of S2 includes Fading twinkles or shimmers. The old firmware woudn't handle dual activites at the same time.

I haven't flashed my firmware since the first year I was doing LOR, but I flashed and updated all my stuff this year.

Look at it this way, it couldn't hurt....

I have 3 ctb16pc controllers, one was 3.0, one was 3.2 and the other is 3.40. The only version I see on the update is lower than 3.40. Is this correct or am I missing something about the update? Thanks, and Happy New Year all.

shfr26 wrote:

I have 3 ctb16pc controllers, one was 3.0, one was 3.2 and the other is 3.40. The only version I see on the update is lower than 3.40. Is this correct or am I missing something about the update? Thanks, and Happy New Year all.

Are you sure about your version numbers?

Firmware ver 4.32 is what you should update two of your controllers to.

Don't mess with the one with ver 4.40. That one has a different microchip then the other two, and requires the ver 4.40 fimware, which is special to that 'chip