Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR maximum input voltage

Davidt

Complements of the season to all. Santa kindly brought me my first CCR and I'm a happy boy. Now I have to try to sneek some more into the house without Mrs Claus going troppo and getting my name onto the naughty list...

Dan / John / others the manual says that the CCR requires 12V @ 3A but could you please tell me the maximum input voltage that they can operate on.

I have a number of 13.8VDC power supplies and I would prefer to distribute low voltage DC around my property and run my (growing collection of) CCRs from these power supplies, instead of using the supplied universal power adaptor and 240VAC if possible.

Regards,

davidt

Australia

Hi Dave

Already asked that question - see http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22431&forum_id=89

Regards Geoff

When I set up my pairs of CCRs end to end, I originally intended running all 3 pairs from a single 13V supply, however after being advised of the tolerance, I ended up using the 12V supplies provided with the ribbons. This has worked without a problem.

G'day Geoff,

Thanks for the feedback and link. I can understand that the tolerance on the ribbon is tight, but surprised if the CCR controller doesn't have a regulator to manage input voltage.

Either way, if necessary, I should be able to accommodate 12VDC to the CCR controller.

Cheers,

davidt

• The topic was locked