Light-O-Rama Forums

Erratic channels

Robert Burton

Came in tonight (12/28) after being gone on a trip (left 12/26) and noticed my radio sign and security light (c9 mounted on top of the sensor to shut off the security light) was not on. As I watched...the sign and c9 came on in the middle of the song. Next song, one of the 2 mega trees didn't come on (nothing)...but wait. Later on in the song it came on. Several other elements did the same thing.

After rebooting the computer, everything was fine. I am using xp and the not the newest..but the version before.

Robert
www.burtonchristmaslights.tk

Robert,

I work with about 24 computers at work in the production environment. All I can say is that W2k & XP both have screwed up and doing a reboot has cleared many of problems I have seen. Seen things that just does not make since and is not programmed into the program. Dang reboot fixes all. And my display went nuts one night. Just happened to be the night that we picked up our daughter who went to college one semester in England. Was going to be a big surprise to her to see my first display. Well it was going nuts and a reboot cleared it up. So, this year, every two weeks I reboot to prevent this problem. Worked just fine this year.

Had the same thing happen to me. A reboot of the XP show pc fixed everything. I now reboot at least once per week as a preventative measure.