Light-O-Rama Forums

how to make video for lights

rockli

You'll get lots of answers here:

a) buy/borrow a camera ;)

B) shoot video - I shoot mine with the background sound OFF

c) upload video to your choice of software. A good free one that you should have on your computer is > Windows Movie Maker. Easy to use

d) Take your sound track for that video and overlay it into the video. Better sound quality

e) upload it here for our approval :)

Shoot video with sound on and a radio near yoru camera... Then it's easier to align your audio track when you add the sound file and turn of the audio track from the video.

I shot all of my videos in my car across the street.I shortened my tripod and shot it out my drivers window with my car radio cranked up quit a bit.If you use a dsl camera set your awb(automatic white balance( to tungsten or indoor lighting.It should help the colors stay like they are.

I have honestly given up on making a video of my shows. Last year I used my personal video camera to try to make one. This required getting up at 4 AM to video so as not to have any passing cars, Even though the camera was better than average quality, and I had the auto focus off, the video still turned out slightly blurry.

This year I hired the son of a co-worker who is semi-pro videographer (college trained) with a $5000 camera. Same time of morning, same crappy quality. Just not quite in focus. The only thing I ended up with was a professional quality DVD, with outstanding overlayed audio.

I don't know what it will take to get the quality of videos I have seen on the web. Richard Holdmans are an example of the excellent quality I want but cant seem to achieve.

Wow... loads of ideas here...

My plan: Draw a flip book. Play the music as I flip the pages. Watch in awww. :D

Online version: PDF copy of my flip book.

Guest wbottomley

Nurples wrote:

Wow... loads of ideas here...

My plan: Draw a flip book.  Play the music as I flip the pages.  Watch in awww. :)

Online version: PDF copy of my flip book.

Love it!

That my friends is the quote of the day.

LMAO!