Light-O-Rama Forums

Slightly different use for LOR

don731

Here is a link to a lo-res video of my basement train layout (a Disney style amusement park) controlled by LOR. The system runs off VM Fusion/Windows XP on my Macbook Pro. I am using a 16 channel Planet Christmas hardware box. Currently 14 channels are used. Trains are by Lionel, buildings by Dept. 56, carnival rides by Mr. Christmas, and monorail trains by Disney.

Cheers,
Don W.

I shot a lot of B roll video, and hope to have a better show up on youtube shortly.
Everything is controlled by LOR except the two monorail trains which are battery powered. Only tech failure was the motor that powers Tinkerbell which flies around the castle.

Thanks for the comments!

Don W.

What a fantastic setup and very awesome use of a controller(s) to animate such a beautiful layout! Just mindblowing! Best OFF SEASON use I've seen using computer control of lights, assorted carnival rides and trains. Love the fireworks display over the castle too, way cool!:P

Very cool. What type of controllers did you use? The DC controllers or regular AC controllers? Where those DMX based lights or just some sort of moving gobo?

Very nice setup. Of course we are going to need up close and personal pictures!!:P

Hi again,

The rotating spot is just a Halloween spot from Target bought on closeout. I used a Planet Christmas LOR 16 channel regular AC unit. I didn't get around to adding my red party laser, but reserved a channel for it.

Cheers,
Don W.

• The topic was locked