Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Eve night...

Bob Wingert

Received a call about 7pm on Friday, Christmas Eve from our local news. They asked if they can come do an interview! Heck yes!!! At the time I had all my family here, even those that traveled from upstate NY to SC. A lot of them I haven't seen in years so this was just super cool. Our video will be on the right hand side of this link.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13739393

Merry Christmas all!! Enjoy this very special day with your loved one's. :)

I've never seen so much traffic than we did tonight. Asked all the guests where they heard about us...The News! YES! ... Now to top it off, the rain is changing to SNOW! I'll be out there 1st thing in the morning getting video with the snow coming down. Who woulda thunk?? Snow on 12/25 in Charleston???

Congrats on the coverage! Your display looks great and the article was awesome. My only question is, does it really take you 8 hours to do 1 minute of music? Assuming 50 songs at 3 minutes each and working on them 4 hours a day, it would take you like 300 days of programming!

Happy Holidays!

gspence wrote:

Congrats on the coverage! Your display looks great and the article was awesome. My only question is, does it really take you 8 hours to do 1 minute of music? Assuming 50 songs at 3 minutes each and working on them 4 hours a day, it would take you like 300 days of programming!

Happy Holidays!

LOL, yes it took 11 1/2 months to finish all the songs :) ... If you only knew how many folders I had. When I thought a song was done I would save it in a folder called: Review, which had another one called Final Review, One called Rework: One called Completed: One called Finished: One called Finally Finished: One called: LEAVE THESE ALONE. It was brutal and very time consuming. And there were weekend where I would spend 17 hrs a day on this. It literally consumed me. Phew. If you seen the video my wifes comments were right on "he would eat, sleep and breathe lights"

So anyhow, thanks for the compliments :)

That's just crazy and my hat is off to you for sticking with it. That is a huge number of songs and I bet the people that saw it appreciated it.

I only did 6 songs this year but I plan on adding to it a little every year as well as reworking them when I add new channels. It was a fun experience for my first time and I'm looking forward to next year. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of traffic in my area but I'm sure the word will get out. :)

Take care!

• The topic was locked