Spending Christmas With A Few Hundred of my Closest Friends

George Simmons

We've had a street full of cars since before the show even started this evening. It's 9:45 and they've been stacked up out there for over four hours now. If we get three turnovers per hour, that works out to over a hundred and fifty people per hour. It's kind of cool and humbling at the same time.

I went out to replenish the candy cane supply a while ago and a lady with some folks that were standing/dancing on the sidewalk across the street was telling me that I need to keep doing this every year because during the past three years it has become a family Christmas Eve tradition for them. This year it extended to about 20 people, some of whom have come up from Iowa just to see the lights, and who said they've been looking forward to it since they found the website after last Christmas! (Sounds like there's not many synchronized shows in Iowa.)

As the lady was telling me this I kind of looked around expecting to see a bunch of empty vehicles and she must have been reading my mind because she said "Oh don't worry - we made them all park in the next block!" Now that's the kind of visitors I like.

Great story!
You have such a good display it is worth the drive.
Wish I could see it in person instead of the videos.
I know you've heard this thousands of times but I just love the face on the house and the way you sequence it.

Merry Christmas!!!