• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garyfunk

• rabeebe

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

Top Posters In This Topic

There's usually an inventory clearance sale in February-ish (but usually very little in inventory to be cleared).

And then the summer sale in early July when most everything is available at very attractive prices.

I get 32 channels every July whether I need them or not.

Now, seriously, who doesn't need more channels?

garyfunk wrote:

yes.

garyfunk wrote:
Find some of the messages from last year. There should be several archived on here.

Bryan, sorry for the "above and beyond" help provided by some in this thread. :shock: You will find that that is usually not the norm around here.

You can find sale information here, and sign up for email alerts of sales:
http://www.lightorama.com/w_sale_info.htm

Spring Sale: February/March time frame will be an inventory clearance sale. Limit quantities and great prices!

Summer Sale: Super Sale with special incentives! In 2009, 37 people received their orders for FREE! This sale will be in the June/July time frame, unlimited quantities, every light controller and component will be on sale!

The "secret" spring sale is usually a mad rush and most things sell out within an 10 minutes. But the Summer sale is priced nearly as good, and lasts a few weeks and unlimited stock.

For ideas for ballpark prices, this is a link to the page of last year's Spring sale:
http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html

And 2009's: http://www.lightorama.com/images/SecretSale2009.gif
And 2008's: http://www.lightorama.com/images/FEB2008SALE.gif

Have fun, and buy extension cords as you find them on sale.

Give someone a link and they'll continue to ask for links.. give someone a search engine and they can search for more than just 1 link...

Merry New Year!

HowardShank wrote:

Give someone a link and they'll continue to ask for links.. give someone a search engine and they can search for more than just 1 link...

Merry New Year!

Eeeegads, did someone clone me while I was sleeping? (refering to Howard)

In reference to Gary:
God! it's great to not be the one sitting in the hot seat for a change. You'll survive Gary. Just hang in there for a bit... :D Ask me how I know.

Max-Paul, you are on of the nicest guys around. you survive on your humility and ability to get along with everyone :(

Max-Paul wrote:

In reference to Gary:
God! it's great to not be the one sitting in the hot seat for a change. You'll survive Gary. Just hang in there for a bit... :( Ask me how I know.

I have lived in the hot-seat even before it was popular to be in the hot-seat.

Yes, I should have given him a better answer, but there comes a time when you need to stop being PC (Yes, Jeff, pun intended) and just call it like it is.

When one won't even bother to spend a few days reading a forum before asking a question that has a few hundred answers, well, call me a jerk I am. Go ahead Jeff, I left this open for you. LOL

Guest wbottomley

garyfunk wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Since this would make my useless post number 1935, I'll sit back this time, lol.

Are you telling us you have made 1935 useless posts?

LOL. Yes... except for this one. :(

garyfunk wrote:

I have lived in the hot-seat even before it was popular to be in the hot-seat.

Yes, I should have given him a better answer, but there comes a time when you need to stop being PC (Yes, Jeff, pun intended) and just call it like it is.

When one won't even bother to spend a few days reading a forum before asking a question that has a few hundred answers, well, call me a jerk I am. Go ahead Jeff, I left this open for you. LOL

Well now that you finally admitted that your answer wasn't so hot :(, I figured I would finally chime in on this. I just think it is funny that we (and that probably means all of us, myself included) will beat a dead horse year after year (and sometimes month after month) rehashing the familiar topics--which strobes to use, value of GFCIs, some vendors horrible service, where to order lights, which controller to get, what are the difference in controllers, when to start a display, when to end a display, how awesome xyz vendor or xyz's display is, etc., etc., etc. -- and we will usually spend 5 pages doing it, often amongst us regulars (and that is OK with me at least). But a true newbie (OP joined 3 weeks ago, and has less than 10 posts) asks a pretty legitimate (and easy to answer) question (that, yes, does usually get asked around here yearly), and all the sudden it is decided he hasn't done enough work to try to find the answer on his own. Yes, one would think that if you search for "sale" or "LOR sale" that it would be an easy find, but for whatever reason the OP wanted to start the discussion about that topic. If you read his profile you can see that he is considering switching to LOR, and you might also note that his last posts in the LOR forums were the ones in this thread, and he hasn't posted since (may or may not be coincidence). One of the things that I appreciate about this forum (compared to the many others I visit) is that this has always felt like a pretty safe place to ask a question (one that might seem dumb to others) and usually will find a pretty reasonable helpful discussion follows. I guess maybe I like answering these "easy" questions since often I don't know the answers to the more complex technical questions. But when everybody contributes where they can, it makes a great well-rounded forum. You never know when the next "Richard H." might be starting here as a newbie. I hope we never scare that person away or tell them "go look it up." So Gary, to respond to your second to last sentence...when I won't even bother to spend 60 seconds (if that) to help somebody by answering a simple question or help looking up something, well, call me a jerk I guess. If I didn't want to help, I suppose I wouldn't have replied in the first place.

Merry Christmas, and please take no offense by anything I have said with regards to this--none intended, just explaining reasoning for responding the way I did.

Oh, by the way, I suggest anybody reading this try searching for "sale" or "LOR sale" in these forums, and see that it doesn't pull up anything about the LOR sale whatsoever...not even this thread. :? No wonder the OP asked.