Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 7 install error

daytimer

I am trying to install the latest version on Win 7 and am getting an error 1310, Error writing to file. It apparently can't write to the windowssyswow64 directory.
Here are the specifics on my system:
Win 7 ultimate
AMD Athlon II x4 processor
4gb ram
64-bit OS

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Did some quick Googling on the "error 1310"

The simplest thing to try would be right-click "Run as Administrator" on the install file. That (should) avoid any permissions issues, as your admin account has rights to everything.

Tried "Run as administrator" and got same result. I even tried running in compatibility mode for XP and it wouldn't work. hmmmm......
I also tried searching the forums for error 1310, but it didn't seem to want to search that phrase. At least not in the 5 minutes I waited for it.

I've seen a couple suggestions (for error 1310 on installing non-LOR products) like "Method 2" on the following page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296175

I've also seen someone say that they got around the problem simply by redownloading the installer, and running the new copy, although I don't know why an apparently invalid installer would cause an error 1310.

After some more fidgeting, I got it.
After changing folder permissions, it was still giving me the error. After I rebooted with the new permissions, I was able to install without a problem.
Thank you Microsoft for making something simple into something difficult!