Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing and Sequence is off beat

Salvio

ok, during sequencing, while im in the middle of the song, for example @ 1:10 and i playback in "visible screen" play range, the beat is perfectly matched.. as soon as i zoom out a play the full sequence from the begining, by the time it gets to 1:10 the entire sequence is now off beat by about half a second, its driving me nutts.

Basically everytime i finish a sequence section, i must play the entire sequence from the begining of the song, to make sure its on beat.. this cant be normal, please help!

Sounds like you're using a variable bit rate MP3. You need to use an audio converter (such as Audacity) to convert your audio file to either a constant bit rate of 128 or convert it into a .wav file for use in sequencing. If you have questions, do a search - there's plenty of threads on this subject. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

therealbigjim wrote:

Open the sequence editor and you can shift the sequence, it’s in the tool menu.

Try converting the MP3 to a constant bit rate first.

Merry Christmas to All!

I hope converting the file works for you. Did not work for me so I had to go back to an older version of the software. It was the new version 2.9.4 that I have trouble with.

Like you, only happens to me when I zoom out. I can minimize the window and only show the visualizer and it works just fine but when I open the channel window it is off.

So for now I am just sticking with the older software version.