Jump to content

Loss of lights 1-8


Jeff 1S.A.H.D.
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a dedicated 120amp subpanel for Christmas lights. Tonight, my lights on lines 1-8 stopped working. As I checked to see the problem, I realized that one of the fuses was popped. It has been raining quite a lot over the last few days, so I unplugged the cords to my roof from the box. The rest of the lines were dry. When I replaced the fuse, it popped right away and there was a burning smell from one of the shop lights in my garage (that is not on the same circuit as the LOR boxes). When the box blew, a GFCI also blew (but it is in our kitchen). When the fuse blew the first time, the shop lights in the garage were turned off (by a light switch). When I tried the LOR box a 3rd time, I plugged the LOR box into 2 different outlets. It is still blowing out and the burning smell from the shop light got even stronger. I still can not get the GFCI in the kitchen to reset. Any help on this problem would be appreciated...or my Christmas lights season may be over :D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well shoot, You all will never believe this but found out what is was
I've made sure that all the plug OUTSIDE was water proof but the ones INSIDE were not dog [Foul Language Used] proof. LOL Had two of the extension cords swimming in it, inside the garage and that was right under the shop light. Darn dog it is to cold for her to go out side, oh well live and learn at least I know what it is and it is a easy fix

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...