Disrespectful Kids

MrLights

Disrespectful Kids

Ok so has any one run into this problem? And if so what did you do about it with out starting a war with the people across the street from you?

So I have asked the 2 boys that live across the street from several times to please stay out of my yard due to displays, cords and so on.

They don’t seem to get the point. Now mind you these are boy’s ages 7 to 14 years old. These two boys are also a Christian family. But I find to be very disrespectful and are allowed to run wild with little to no adult supervision.

They do no wrong by Mom and Dad, trust me, I get they are just being boys. Yeah right with no supervision what so ever.

This year and last year while playing football, basketball, baseball and other games they managed to break a few yard decorations and such, I even came out to find one of my bucks standing over the top but end of one of the does! They even broke one of my windows not once but two times playing ball, their mom and dads answerer was to get them a foam ball, now we are back to a tennis ball hitting my house and so on.

I have not really seen them do it, but it’s not hard to figure out. Mom and dad have nothing to say about any of this what so ever.

So tonight they have 4 more boys stay the night, I found them playing manhunt, witch is the same has hide and seek. I find them up in my yard while my lights are running and people trying to watch while they are running all over the place, I see one of them down behind my nativity seen witch in my case is my central power distribution area were all my controllers are mounted on the back of it.

I asked him to please get out of my yard, he looked at me and did, and then another and another, this went on for about 3 hours. O yeah did I mention that Mom was playing out side with them while there in my yard.

So I go in the house and call my mom that lives two blocks away, she holds nothing back if you know what I mean. She comes over and stands out front while I make the kids dinner and get them feed. She figures if she yells at them it wouldn’t backlash much on me.

So now I get done and go back out side to see what’s going on, the mom from across the street walks over and tells me I need to put up some signs to not block there drive and please watch for kids playing.

I just looked at her, like are you kidding me? I then said well maybe young kids shouldn’t be playing in the street this time of night, that didn’t go over very well.

So any ways I am a little PO’d about the whole thing right now.

One thing that I have always done for the safety of the children in the neighborhood and my own peace of mind was to surround my yard with homemade PVC candycanes and then I strung four rows of lights on the candy canes. When the kids ask if they can come in the yard I always tell them no, there are too many tripping hazards.

MrLights wrote:

So now I get done and go back out side to see what’s going on, the mom from across the street walks over and tells me I need to put up some signs to not block there drive and please watch for kids playing.

Good thing it's you and not me, for I ran out of patience with fools and idiots a few years ago. When it comes to things like you're going through, my life experience tells me there's no need to be polite because it's lost and wasted on the clueless. The only thing they respect and respond to is someone getting in their face and not mincing words. I'd tell her that if she wants a sign she better get busy making it. And I'd also tell her that the next time I see her kids in my yard she'll be getting a visit from the law. And then I'd DO IT. Good luck - sounds like you're going to need it. But if you don't stake your claim it will only get worse.

I like both responses, I did think of surrounding the yard with candy canes and lights to make like a fence. The problem with the boys caused me to not do the lawn this year in lights. I was talking with the wife and my mom about it after I posted this thread, and they both agree we are going to go a lot bigger, loader and brighter next year and do some serious advertising of the display, just to [Foul Language Used] them off about it. Kind of put it in there face.

I plan to set my house speakers on the front porch next year, they or the law can not say any thing until after 10:00 pm around here.

I am also going to install a video camera so I can catch them in the act of possible vandalism and have that for the Law when Mom and Dad say it wasn’t my kids.

Thanks for the replies.