Light-O-Rama Forums

Sinnamon Christmas Lights - Brisbane Australia

Geoff Harvey

After a number of years with animated LOR displays, I have now achieved the next step - a few sequences which are synchronized. This is the first "Music Box Dancer" which was inspired by Richard Holdman

Hope to upload a couple more videos shortly. Any comments would be welcome.

Regards Geoff

Great Job!

I have one of your videos from last year saved as one of my favorites on Youtube...

I would love to see how you built your concentric stars, those are on the top of my to-do list for next year...

That is awesome! It's the first version of Music Box Dancer that is done in a style other than Richard's that I very much like. Great job!!!

-Jeff

p.s. I love your creative arch sequencing... really makes me think differently of arches. :D

Tim Herberger wrote:

I would love to see how you built your concentric stars, those are on the top of my to-do list for next year...

Hi Tim

I used the ideas from Crooks Christmas (Joe Noe) for my stars and modified them to suit our available lights. see http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/29530-My-Firework-Shooting-Stars-More-info-on-them.

The stars are wireframes that a local wireframe maker welded for me (aluminium so no corrosion). They are about 1.2m (48") wide and I have LEDs clipped to each of the 4 concentric stars. White on the centre one, white & blue on the 2nd, white and green on the 3rd and white and red on the outer star. This gives 7 controlable channels/star. The stars are mounted at the top of 50mm (2") pvc piping with 8 segments of clear minis wrapped around the pipe. I use separate LOR channels for the two stars on the front street, but the other 2 star assemblies facing the other street are run in parallel to minimize my channel count.

Hope this helps - Geoff

Attached files 230485=12647-P1010395 FW-star 800.jpg

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Geoff, what type of camera are you using?
Also looks GREAT!

Hi Donny

For this clip I used the video option on my still camera - Panasonic DMC-TZ15. It records at 1280*720 but in Quicktime format which was painful to add the clean music track.

I had previously tried my daughters new Sony NEX 5 which was capable of full HD, but the video ended up somewhat washed out and was disappointing. There are probably ways of adjusting the exposure but we ran out of time.

Regards Geoff

Geoff,

The stars are beautiful and you have done a wonderful job on them. I need to build four sets and order four more controllers to handle them.

Your display is truly beautiful and exciting to watch. How long does it take you to set it up?

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Wow! Your leaping light arches just look amazing! They're the most realistic I've seen yet. And the pillar things on the street corner -- they look awesome. I really like when people have 30-40 objects to chase -- it looks really neat.

Great work Geoff. You have put in a great effort this year. I think it was a shame you didn't win our lights comp this year, yours is the most outstanding display in Brisbane by far.

This is my first year with LOR and seeing your display is great inspiration. I have a lot already planned for next year. When are you taking down your display? I would love to see it in real life if that is possible.

Cheers.

Andrew Bev wrote:

This is my first year with LOR and seeing your display is great inspiration. I have a lot already planned for next year. When are you taking down your display? I would love to see it in real life if that is possible.

Hi Andrew

Lights will be running til New Years Eve (inclusive).

Have you found the Aussie LOR Users group at http://groups.google.com/group/Aussie-LOR-Users but shortly moving to http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php

Regards Geoff

Guest Don Gillespie

Geoff your display is wonderfull your house and yard is quite similar to our house my wife just loves your display you have given me hope in that my wife would like to see something like your display on our house I told her I need more controllers and more lights I think it is going to happen you keep showing us videos and I can start getting more controllers Merry Christmas to you and your family

• The topic was locked