Light-O-Rama Forums

having problems importing a ver 1.0 sequence into ver 2.6

FDNY260

i created a sequence in lor v1, i named it nutrocker, i believe it is nutrocker.lms, when i bring up the sequences in lor 2 they have the same extension as the ver 1 sequence. dont know why it wont open in lor 2

LOR 2 should be able to open an LMS file that was created using LOR 1. I'm surprised that the error is "invalid file extension", if it really is an LMS file.

How exactly are you trying to open it? For example, double-clicking on the sequence file in Windows Explorer? Or do you open up the Sequence Editor, and open the sequence through the New and Open dialog?

Is it possible that you have the Windows setting "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled? Maybe it's not really an LMS file - for example, if it's real name is "blah.lms.bak", and you have that Windows setting turned on, Windows might display its filename to you simply as "blah.lms", even though it's really a "bak", not an "lms".

How to check this Windows setting depends upon the version of Windows you're using. In Windows 7, which is what I have in front of me at the moment, open up some directory in Windows Explorer, click on the "Organize" button, then "Folder and Search Options" from the popup menu, then the "View" tab in the Folder Options dialog. One of the things listed there under "Advanced settings" will be "Hide extensions for known file types". If that's checked, uncheck it, and then "Apply to Folders".

ok, i did have the file extensions hidden, so i went in and put them back on, the file is nutrocker.lms.bak. not sure if this is a problem as all of the other sequences are also .lms.bak files. its very strange cause i actually have 3 versions of lor, lor 1 from way back, ver 2.1 and ver 2.6 (3 different computers) the sequence opened no problem in ver 2.1 but will not open in ver 2.6. what do you think that is about? am i maybe copying the wrong file over?

ok, update time, i just went into the folder where my sequences are stored because i thought something didnt look right. in the folder i have 59 sequences. but when i go into the sequence editor and hit open, and navigate to that folder, only 9 of them show up. why is that? all of them are filename.lms.bak files.