Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI Pre Oder Sale for 2011

paul sessel

First of all, let me thank everyone that has bought our products and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Alright, we will be kicking off our official Pre Order Sale on Monday, December 27. All of our pricing is posted at:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/SiteResources/Data/Templates/FileViewerLayout.asp?docid=552&DocName=Announcements

I would like to address a few things before I get inundated with PM's:

Earlier this season we alerted everyone to expect higher costs for the upcoming season. We are seeing prices for 2011 increasing by up to 25%. We factor in all things and take everything into consideration.

The following are some of the reasons:

Prices are based on the U.S. Dollar exchange rate in China which is down 8% to date and falling!

The international copper cost going from US$7000/ton up to US$9400/ton, increasing 34%.

The labor cost in China has increased 12% this last year and 30% over the last 3 years. The packaging costs are up 14%.

There is a natural phenomenon that happens every year! The China factories shut down for the last 2 weeks in February for the China New Year. When they return from their celebration the costs always go up. We place our orders in early February to lock in the best possible prices.

Now, are we the cheapest vendor out there? No, but we have been in business almost 20 years because we try to offer a premium product at a fair price. We have seen a lot of vendors come and go because they thought they could make a quick buck and didn't anticipate all the challenges that are out there. I realize we have another new vendor out there this year with lower costs. I sure hope they have factored in the cost of import duties and the escalating freight costs - there might be a rude awaking come April! I have been working with the boards since 2006 to allow participation in our Pre Sale. You might see some verbiage about a $1,000 minimum - this is for my commercial customers only.

Also, please don't PM me as I don't always see these right away. I can be reached at paul@creativedisplays.com for fastest responses.

We won't be taking orders until Monday, December 27 but for your planning purposes, our pricing can be found at:

http://www.creativedisplays.com/SiteResources/Data/Templates/FileViewerLayout.asp?docid=552&DocName=Announcements

Attached files PRE SALE PRICING '11.pdf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paul sessel

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• PaulXmas

Oh Boy!!!

Seven days to take inventory of my lights and figure out my display for next year!!! LOL

I guess my Christmas Shopping can wait til the "After Christmas Sales"!!! :D

Paul did not mention in his post (but on his website) sale lasts till February 11th.

The other thing he didn't mention was the identity of the 'new' vendor on the block. Could be some great bargains to be had as the new one tries to buy market share.

George Simmons wrote:

The other thing he didn't mention was the identity of the 'new' vendor on the block. Could be some great bargains to be had as the new one tries to buy market share.

are these guys new?

http://www.christmasdesigners.com/1store/led-christmas-lights?gclid=CNbyzp7m-6UCFYQUKgodiAqOng

or these?

http://www.foreverledchristmaslights.net/?gclid=CNSdirvm-6UCFQkSbAodmkyb0w

don't remember these guys either...

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/led-christmas-lights.htm?s=g&camp=led-christmas-lights&gclid=CMH1r8zm-6UCFQN7gwoduQy4qA

http://www.ledchristmaslights.com/

but it doesn't really matter...Pauls' the best.

If you go with LOR because of their Customer Service, you should also go with Paul becasue of his...

That "new" vendor is listed over on PC. It doesn't really matter to me, when someone offers a good product and support like CDI - That's who I'll be sticking with again. Getting my list together and licking my chops...

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:

are these guys new?

http://www.christmasdesigners.com/1store/led-christmas-lights?gclid=CNbyzp7m-6UCFYQUKgodiAqOng

or these?

http://www.foreverledchristmaslights.net/?gclid=CNSdirvm-6UCFQkSbAodmkyb0w

don't remember these guys either...

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/led-christmas-lights.htm?s=g&camp=led-christmas-lights&gclid=CMH1r8zm-6UCFQN7gwoduQy4qA

http://www.ledchristmaslights.com/

but it doesn't really matter...Pauls' the best.

If you go with LOR because of their Customer Service, you should also go with Paul becasue of his...

Aproct wrote:

Oh boy I will be jumping on the band wagon for LEDs this year. Tired of the blue incandecents chipping on me!

Shhhhhh! Just don't tell Jeff...

Jersey Jeff will soon be the last incandescent user in Jersey...

He probably still plays PacMan too...

Aproct wrote:

Oh boy I will be jumping on the band wagon for LEDs this year. Tired of the blue incandecents chipping on me!

Geez! I had the same avatar on my PC account before they "gods" removed it.

Oh yeah and Paul's blue lights are beautiful! Especially the icicle C6's, I've gotten more compliments on those this year

Looks like the LED strobes haven't gone up at all and the C7 retro bulbs look like they are about the same. Can't wait to replace our yellow C7s next year with quality bulbs(unlike the reds I bought this year from a different vendor).

-Jeff

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Aproct wrote:

Jersey Jeff will soon be the last incandescent user in Jersey...

He probably still plays PacMan too...

(you weren't supposed to tell anyone he plays pacman) can't wait for the sale already have a list as my wife said I could by more controllers now I have to work on the lights as well

I am looking to go led lights next year, But I have a couple of questions. I currently have 300 incans on my mini trees. What is everyone using in the way of led's on there mini trees. The same amount of 300 or dropping back to 2-100's or 3-70's. Also on my arches they are 10 foot long I have 7 sections with 100 count incans. What is everyone using with led's? 100 per section or 70 per section? One problem I see with the led lights is that the bulb spacing is different and the string length.

Wayne

Wayne K wrote:

I currently have 300 incans on my mini trees. What is everyone using in the way of led's on there mini trees.

800 LED's - 200 of each color Red, Green Blue, White

. Also on my arches they are 10 foot long I have 7 sections with 100 count incans. What is everyone using with led's?

4 Mega Arches - 12' long - 9 sections of 100 LED's each
8 Mini Arches - 6' long - 5 sections of 100 LED's each

One problem I see with the led lights is that the bulb spacing is different and the string length.

Different to Incandescents?? I don't know..I have all LED's...

Wayne K wrote:

I am looking to go led lights next year, But I have a couple of questions. I currently have 300 incans on my mini trees. What is everyone using in the way of led's on there mini trees. The same amount of 300 or dropping back to 2-100's or 3-70's. Also on my arches they are 10 foot long I have 7 sections with 100 count incans. What is everyone using with led's? 100 per section or 70 per section? One problem I see with the led lights is that the bulb spacing is different and the string length.

Wayne

My mini trees are the 32" tomato cages. The ones in my yard have 200 clear incan minis which are as bright as I'd want, a green rope light spiral (for effect - not light), red LED, and blue LED. The LEDs are m6 full wave 50's. And that's plenty bright with only 50 lights. The mini trees in the neighbor's yard are blue and white full wave m6 LEDS - fifty each. Also plenty bright. Of course I've got a shallow yard and the mini trees are right up front. Any farther back I might want 70 lights each color instead.

My arches are the same as yours. Mine are on 3/4" gray pvc. The 4" spacing of LEDs makes for lights all wanting to line up on 3//4" stock, so conventional wisdom is to go bigger or smaller. I'm going to try going to 1/2" grey and see how it works. (As cold as it is here bending 1" stock in the winter is almost out of the question.) I'm thinking 70's will work due to the extra wire you have to wrap when you use LEDs. (And these are supposed to be greener? Is using more wire than existing lights more eco-friendly? Hmm...)

A question about CDI's lights. I'll start off by saying I have only read good things about Paul, and CDI, so I'm not concerned too much, but just out of curiosity. What tye of warrenty does CDI provide on thier lights?

Again, I'm not concerned they are bad quality, but there are times when a bad strand makes it through the process to the customer.

This would be my first order with CDI, and the other vendor I use, offers a pro-rated 3 year warranty, so I just wanted to see what CDI does or doesn't offer.

I'm looking at the LED Net lights from CDI this year. I see the net lights are labeled as "2 piece construction with lamp lock" does that mean theses are not sealed? If so, that would be one concern I would have for the warrenty period.

Brent

bwaldrep wrote:

A question about CDI's lights. I'll start off by saying I have only read good things about Paul, and CDI, so I'm not concerned too much, but just out of curiosity. What tye of warrenty does CDI provide on thier lights?

Last year I had a few strands that were not quite working properly...had to "wiggle" the plug to make them work. Even confessed to Paul that I had "destroyed" one of the plug ends thinking I could fix it.

Paul replaced all the non-working strings without question (about 5 out of the 500 strings I ordered)...didn't even require I send the bad ones back...he just said "throw them away"...

I wouldn't buy anywhere else now...even if they were cheaper...

I'm a customer for life...

bwaldrep wrote:

Again, I'm not concerned they are bad quality, but there are times when a bad strand makes it through the process to the customer.

This would be my first order with CDI, and the other vendor I use, offers a pro-rated 3 year warranty, so I just wanted to see what CDI does or doesn't offer.

I'm looking at the LED Net lights from CDI this year. I see the net lights are labeled as "2 piece construction with lamp lock" does that mean theses are not sealed? If so, that would be one concern I would have for the warrenty period.

Brent

I warranty these thru the season. As far as the net lights, these will be new this year and I just got samples in yesterday. I've got them on a LOR controller as we speak and will test them over the next 7-10 days at 24 hours a day. I wish I could get them from my vender who makes the one piece sealed construction but they don't want to spend the time on making the nets as they are really labor intensive. Go figure! :D

paul sessel wrote:

bwaldrep wrote:

Brent

I warranty these thru the season.  As far as the net lights, these will be new this year and I just got samples in yesterday.  I've got them on a LOR controller as we speak and will test them over the next 7-10 days at 24 hours a day.  I wish I could get them from my vender who makes the one piece sealed construction but they don't want to spend the time on making the nets as they are really labor intensive.  Go figure! :D

Thanks Paul