Light-O-Rama Forums

Only 370 more days till Christmas 2011

HowardShank

I'm all done for next year. What?? you don't believe me?? Good, cause I'm not, have not even thought about what to do new next year. I'm sooo behind!

HowardShank wrote:

Wow! Times running out fast!

how true you are, i didn't get any thing out this year to music just some static lights, but i have started on next years sequences and layout plans, all my controllers i built and extension cords i have picked up this last year are still packed up in the garage with tons of lights waiting to be put up:( but next year i hope things will be better, have a very Merry Christmas

Last night I was rewiring a few discounted Christmas sale items that I picked up this weekend. Started laying out next year grid and planning what new pieces need to be built. My summer projects list is coming along nicely.

Can't wait 370 days Dale OMG what am i gonna do till then?

Dale J wrote:

HowardShank wrote:
Wow! Times running out fast!

how true you are, i didn't get any thing out this year to music just some static lights, but i have started on next years sequences and layout plans, all my controllers i built and extension cords i have picked up this last year are still packed up in the garage with tons of lights waiting to be put up:( but next year i hope things will be better, have a very Merry Christmas

I spent 5 hours today Setting up my new layout in tracks and drawing my new layout in the Visualizer. On to programing.

redsea300 wrote:

I spent 5 hours today Setting up my new layout in tracks and drawing my new layout in the Visualizer. On to programing.

Lol. Ya know there will probably be a state of the art visualizer this year, but you will have to redraw everything. : )

HowardShank wrote:

I think I'm going to update my display with my plans from 2009!

Ah! my position exactly!

I thought that also. But at what point do you just get started. I am adding 12 CCRs to next years show. Right now I have now.I am also doing all new songs. I am going to be busy.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Ya know there will probably be a state of the art visualizer this year, but you will have to redraw everything. : )

Yes...but will it come out at a USEFUL time...like early spring?

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking ahead. The wife thinks I've lost it and need therapy. I told her, "I have a forum for that!" :(:D

I started laying out channels and visualizer for next year to try and figure out my plans for the year until I heard about the new software and visualizer, don't need to do double work.

scubado wrote:

I started laying out channels and visualizer for next year to try and figure out my plans for the year until I heard about the new software and visualizer, don't need to do double work.

You know, I'm trying to become accountable for my own procrastination. Without a firm date, I for one am going forward with what we have now.. If the improved visualizer comes to beta in a few weeks, I haven't lost that much work. If it comes out in July, we have made progress against the tools we have now. And I can lay out the new visualizer in one master config file, while alternating with more sequencing against the old one.. Once I'm happy with the visualizer, I expect I should be able to import the LCC into the existing work, and go forward.

Basically, I'd rather do double work on the visualizer, and know I can spread things over the full year, than risk having only a few months to do both the visualizer and sequencing. I really hope the new version comes out in a few weeks at most, but I'm not holding my breath....