Light-O-Rama Forums

Simulator Idea

roknjohn

Can anyone tell me if this idea is baked? I was thinking of setting up a camera (connected to my computer) to capture still images while my controller cycled thru every channel one at a time, i.e. 160 pictures of 160 channels. I would do this at night with all other lights out. Once all of the channels had been captured, the images could be processed to determine what pixels had changed (given a certain sensitivity threshold). These pixels masks could then be overlayed (with some image processing magic) to build a scene for any point in time of a sequence.

FYI: I'm new to LOR and don't plan on having a display until next year (2011). So please excuse me if I'm way off here. I am a software engineer with experience in image processing, automation, robotics and waveform (sound) processing programming and I can't help myself envisioning the possibilities.

The only question I have is, how will you interface it with LOR. I don't think they will give you access to their code. Unless they are willing to work with you. Other than that how do we make it work for our houses cause it sounds good to me.