Light-O-Rama Forums

ccr's and other light o rama products

bryan wilson

thanks for everyone's help, im really new at this, in fact in just getting ready to buy my first light o rama products, i was origanilly going to get the 16 channel starter package until i found out about the CCR and love them also.

i know that they both take different software and now i have thought about getting both of them. can these be ran together, and use the same songs for both. or would this be getting in way over my haed since im not really good with computers, not so bad on the electrical part.

i would like to thank everyone again in advance for thier time and help

Actually they use the same software, "Light-O-Rama's S2" Software. There are some other packages you can buy to make programming easier for the CCR, but then you import the premade sequence into your LOR sequence somehow. I don't know how because I don't have the other software, I do my programming with LOR.

Hi Bryan,

Welcome aboard!

If there's any way you can afford both a conventional controller and a CCR I'd say go for it! CCR's are fun and definitely an attention-grabber, and I think most displays would look nice with them in it.

But I'm not so sure about learning to program one as your first step in this hobby. I think you'll feel a lot more comfortable and enjoy what you're doing a whole lot more by cutting your teeth on something more conventional so you can learn the basics of sequencing before tackling the CCR. Just my opinion - YMMV.

IMHO, The CCR is a pain to program. It took me awhile to figure out the macros. Sat at the computer with it next to me and went through several adult beverages figuring it out. I use a combination of macros and conventional 50 channel sequencing for mine. I just have 16 channels conventional plus the CCR. The CCR is definetly a show grabber though. Certainly going to move up to more channels for next year.

I have some videos posted under another part of this forum. The bottom section, dont remember what its called.

PM me if you cant find them.

;)

samjbfan wrote:

IMHO, The CCR is a pain to program. It took me awhile to figure out the macros. Sat at the computer with it next to me and went through several adult beverages figuring it out. I use a combination of macros and conventional 50 channel sequencing for mine. I just have 16 channels conventional plus the CCR. The CCR is definetly a show grabber though. Certainly going to move up to more channels for next year.

I have some videos posted under another part of this forum. The bottom section, dont remember what its called.

PM me if you cant find them.

:D
Do ya think those adult beverages could have affected your ability to program those "Pain in the butt CCR's"?:)

I hope the adult beverages didnt affect my sequencing.

I also forgot to mention the the Macro Maestro from ItsMeBobO was a huge help also.

Anyhow, its been alot of fun and I'm going to get an earlier start for 2011.

Sam

I don't see what is so hard to program on the CCR's. Just treat them as 150 channels each and turn on and off, twinkle or fade or whatever as desired.

The only "hard" thing is that there are a lot of blocks to fill in-so it is a little time consuming. But so would normal channels if you had that many. Copy/ paste is your friend.

I have 3 CCR's and don't use any macros-just the individual blocks.

I agree that it isn't hard - just time consuming. And I also don't use macros. But my point was that I don't think that RGB programming is the best place for someone new to start if they don't already have some basic understanding of sequencing under their belt.

• The topic was locked