Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help Reading What My Verifier Found...

jimswinder

This season I have always had some "rouge" lights...coming on when they shouldn't and I have always assumed that I had two channels assigned the same ID.

I found a couple tonight, but still had some I could not find, so ran the verifier.

I believe the verifier found the problems..but not the problem is I don't really know how to decipher the log (See below).

I have 4 colums under the DETAILS headings (Track, Channel, Track Channel).

In one instance it is telling me I have a conflict because I have Mini Tree 6-1 in two tracks...In my Mini Tree Track and also in my Mini Arch Track...but the controller ID is identical in both tracks (Unit 12 Channel 11). Is this truly a conflict if I have "Copied" a channel to another track?

Attached files 229367=12600-verifier.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

In one instance it is telling me I have a conflict because I have Mini Tree 6-1 in two tracks...In my Mini Tree Track and also in my Mini Arch Track...but the controller ID is identical in both tracks (Unit 12 Channel 11). Is this truly a conflict if I have "Copied" a channel to another track?

If the verifier is seeing a conflict, then it is 99.9% likely a conflict. Each channel is assigned an ID internally that we humans don't see in the Sequence Editor. It's there in the actual file if you want to open it in a text editor.

When a channel is copied correctly, it keeps the same internal ID. If it's copied over incorrectly, a new ID is assigned (because to the computer, you are creating a new channel.)

Since both channels are going to the same controller/channel, but have different internal ID's, the verifier would see them as a conflict.

(That said, a quick test on my machine, which has interactive features built into the shows, is showing conflicts in the interactive section. Based on what you've said in the past, and what you told me over the phone, I *think* you can ignore those errors. It's way to early in the morning, though. I could be wrong.)

Was just stating to go thru my "Conflicts" this morning:

Here is the second one on the list:

Message Number: 27
Severity: Warning
Description: Conflicting channel settings in sequence
Detail #1: [sEQUENCE]: C:UsersJimDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2010 All I Want For Christmas.lms
Detail #2: [TRACK]: Track 4: Mini Arches
Detail #3: [CHANNEL]: Mini Arch 8-2
Detail #4: [TRACK]: Track 7: Icicle - Windows - Strobes
Detail #5: [CHANNEL]: Railing - Red

Channel Mini Arch 8-2 is set to 15 -05
Channel Railing - Red is set to 15 - 09.

Where is the conflict?

Attached files 229424=12601-channels copy.jpg

Don wrote:

Jim,

Would you be willing to email it to me to look at it? Email address is in my profile.

what are you wanting? The sequence?

Yes. You can even remove the actual events from it if you wish. (Of course, don't remove the events from your 'show' version, make a backup copy first.)

Don wrote:

Yes. You can even remove the actual events from it if you wish. (Of course, don't remove the events from your 'show' version, make a backup copy first.)

guess I don't understand what you mean by "remove the actual events from it if you wish"

I have not looked closely...but I would imagine that the same "conflicts" are in every one of my sequences as I usually "update" each one if I make a correction to my Channels layout and import the new configuration to each one.

Some people might be shy about sending over their sequences complete with the actual programming.

Would you send me one of the LCC files (channel configs)

Was just stating to go thru my "Conflicts" this morning:

Here is the second one on the list:

Message Number: 27 Severity: Warning Description: Conflicting channel settings in sequence
Detail #1: [sEQUENCE]: C:UsersJimDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences10 All I Want For Christmas.lms
Detail #2: [TRACK]: Track 4: Mini Arches
Detail #3: [CHANNEL]: Mini Arch 8-2
Detail #4: [TRACK]: Track 7: Icicle - Windows - Strobes
Detail #5: [CHANNEL]: Railing - Red

Channel Mini Arch 8-2 is set to 15 -05
Channel Railing - Red is set to 15 - 09.

Where is the conflict?

(1) Are you sure you're looking in the right sequence?

(2) Are you sure you're looking in the right tracks?

(3) Are you looking at a saved copy of the sequence, i.e. without unsaved changes?

(4) Is it possible track #4 has more than one channel that is named "Mini Arch 8-2", and the other one is what conflicts with track #7 Railing - Red?

(5) Is it possible track #7 has more than one channel that is named "Railing - Red", and the other one is what conflicts with track #4 Mini Arch 8-2?

bob wrote:

(1) Are you sure you're looking in the right sequence?

Yep

(2) Are you sure you're looking in the right tracks?

Yep

(3) Are you looking at a saved copy of the sequence, i.e. without unsaved changes?

Nope

(4) Is it possible track #4 has more than one channel that is named "Mini Arch 8-2", and the other one is what conflicts with track #7 Railing - Red?

I believe that this was the problem...somehow I had several channels repeated, Mini Arches 8-2, 8-3, 8-4 and 8-5. I had fixed them last night and did not think to post my fixes to this post. And where the problem began I think is in Exporting/Importing a Channel Configuration. It seems if an old configuration (A) has 10 Channels in a track and the new imported one (:D has 8, you still end up with 10 channels on the track as it seems to only overwrite the first 8 of Track (A). I am sure this is not really the case...probably just looking to blame the software instead of OPERATOR ERROR!!! LOL)

(5) Is it possible track #7 has more than one channel that is named "Railing - Red", and the other one is what conflicts with track #4 Mini Arch 8-2?

Nope...see above...

But I still don't understand why it would be in conflict with Railing Red (ID 15-9) as BOTH instances of Mini Arch 8-2 ID was 15-5. (I think...I would check but I deleted all the extra channels)

• 1 year later...

I'm running into the same issue... I run the verifier, and it shows the same conflicts (684 of them) in every one of my sequences! I have a "Master Channel" sequence that I use, that is, I make any needed changes in this master sequence, then save and then export it. I then import that master into my sequences.

I have checked & re-checked, my sequences & master and can't find the conflicts that are showing up in the Verifier??? I must be missing the boat somewhere and I am really getting frustrated!!!!!!!!!