Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 3.X version

garyfunk

I've looked but have not anything on the cost to upgrade to S2 3.X when it comes out. I bought the license in October 2008 so it's been just over two years and I haven't had pay anything additional.

I have S2 Advanced and my license key is good up to Max Version 2.9. I am guessing here, but it seems 3.X will come out sometime next year and we will all want to upgrade.

Dan, do you have anything written on the costs and method for renewing a license?

Gary

We do not have a mechanism in place to support license renewals. So until we do we will just make sure that any upgrade we do will be available to everyone.

Once we finally have the license renewal thingy in place we will require that people renew the license if they want a upgrade that is beyond the version or time that they have specified on their license.

I keep wondering what a fair price is for the renewal... I think that most would say that the best price of course would be $0 but I a thinking something around $19.95...

Honestly my number one priority, once we had the protection of a license in place, has been to add features and not worry to much about completing the license renewal thing so we will see how things go this year.

Dan

Dan,

With the awesome customer service you folks provide, I don't think anyone could or should ever complain about a renewal fee. Every other company on the planet charges for new software eventually, you've been keeping prices on hardware pretty much the same in the 3 years I've been using LOR, and it wouldn't bother me one bit to pay a renewal fee. Just my 2 cents worth,

Bill

I would have no trouble with a $19.95 upgrade fee to go from 2.9.4 Advanced to 3.0. Ideally that would have a lot of new features etc, like some of what has been mentioned as coming.

A lot of us haven't actually had to buy the software in years (we just buy more hardware!), so that is more than fair considering the cost and time of development.

I keep wondering what a fair price is for the renewal... I think that most would say that the best price of course would be $0 but I a thinking something around $19.95...

Dan,

Are you serious? $19.95? That's a little ridicules.

I’d do no less than $29.95.

If fact, I’d be willing to pay a $20 per year maintenance fee.