Light-O-Rama Forums

Great Night last night

Redbirdruss

Last night was one of the busiest nights for visitors at my display. At one time I had around 15 cars parked on the street.
I had some technical issues so I had to go outside several times to check wiring etc and every time I went out, people rolled down their windows and thanked me for the display. We could hear oohs and aahs coming from the street. People were parking down the street and walking to our house to stand outside and see the show.
I was watching the street from an upstairs window for a while and was amazed and touched to see all the kids hanging out of the windows of parked cars, moving to the music and just having a great time.
I started doing this blinky light thing because I am a gadget guy/computer nerd who likes to play with technology. I am not an entertainer or lighting expert. I couldn't play a musicall instrument to save my life.
What I didn't know was how much people were going to genuinely enjoy watching all the blinky lights. I am genuinely honored to be able to be a small part of the Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. I am going to have to go REAL BIG next year!

Redbirdruss wrote:

P.S. I am going to have to go REAL BIG next year!

I know that feeling about going bigger.It sure is fun to watch the smiles on the faces.If i see kids dancing by my arches on the sidewalk i run out and give them a glo bracelet and a candy cane.

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.
Today I had 3 cars waiting before the show started but now back down to none again.

Where are you at RedBird? I am in Des Peres near Museum of transport.

I am in th City near Ted Drew's on Chippewa.
4700 Block of Prague 63109 Between Nottingham and Murdoch.

Our neighboorhood has several whole blocks that decorate.

Bring the family and check it out.

You should also check out:

Murdoch at Nottingham - Candy Cane Lane
Neosho at Donovan
Jamieson at Itaska

Whole Blocks decorated

• The topic was locked