Light-O-Rama Forums

More strange CCR behavior

Gary Levelius

After seeing the many problems reported with the CCR's, I thought I'd add my own. After having two bad ribbons right out of the box (flacky pixels and such), I thought I was finally home free. They worked perfect for the first week and a half of the show at our local fairgrounds. Tonight, I noticed one ribbon doing something strange. When using pixel programming, I have the ribbon configured for a ten pixel per segment resolution. When using macro's I have it configured to a resolution of one pixel per segment. Although the ribbon seems to function perfectly when doing effects, either by the macros or by individual pixel programming, when those effects stop, I have one ten pixel segment that remains on solid green. I'm not sure what to do as this just started and the sequences had played perfectly for the first 10 days of the show. I'm going to try powering down the CCR controller tomorrow and the powering it back up to see if it clears the problem (as I have power applied to the continuously). Any other suggestions are welcome.

-Gary-

Hi Gary,

When powering the CCR back up, re-set it. You do this by pushing and holding the black button while you're plugging it back in. (Three hands would be ideal for this job, but since you don't have three you're going to have to figure out how to do it with just two.) Keep holding the button as the CCR cycles through it's test pattern. This will theoretically show you if everything is working properly.

George, if I have my wife with me, I can do that as a third resort if simply cycling power doesn't do it. I'll be doing it just shortly before the show begins this evening, so I have options :(

-Gary-

Just an FYI, but it seems that cycling the power corrected the problem with the CCR controller, so I am once again a happy camper. No idea for sure what caused it to happen. Guess we'll see what happens for the rest of the time the show runs huh? :D

-Gary-

• The topic was locked