Light-O-Rama Forums

Lightorama block party

evandewindt

Anyone on here live in this neighborhood? I live near this display and checked it out for the first time tonight. Pretty amazing, i wish all my neighbors would join in on lightorama with me!

Holy cow! Thats awesome! Me and my next door neighbor will tackle this feat next year. He's going to LOR, should be interesting

That is freakin Awesome. None of my neighbors have put up any lights this year. By this I mean direct neighbors right next door or across the street. Others in the neighborhood have decorated.

I would love to go see that! But I'd imagine it could get a little overwhelming if you started to blinky-flashy the whole street. :D (Overwhelming in an awesome way!)

-Jeff

Does anyone know who does that version of Little Drummer Boy? I kind of like it and think it would be a nice addition to my 2011 display.

ryebred wrote:

Does anyone know who does that version of Little Drummer Boy? I kind of like it and think it would be a nice addition to my 2011 display.

It has a Walt Disney main street electric parade feel to it.

Can you imagin what his visualizer screen looks like! E-gad!

What if a neighbor wants to add something to their display? Do they have to submit a change order 30 days in advance?

I do kinda wish I had neighbors around me that would want to do something like that. Lots and lots of unprotected empty lots though.....

crackchecker wrote:

Do they have to submit a change order 30 days in advance?

NICE!!!

The idea is cool. I have been talking to a few of my neighbors to get them on board to do something similar for 2011.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Calloween wrote:

Im pretty sure it's all renard boards.

I can confirm that. Each house used a 64-channel Renard connected wirelessly to a single main transmitting station. I think there were 17 wireless Renard controllers involved overall. He said the wireless would work perfectly up to almost 2 miles away!

• The topic was locked