Light-O-Rama Forums

My First Display

KPfamatter

Well here we are 2010. Finally got my first 16 channel LOR and WOW. Everything from LOR worked perfectly. The only problem I had was the laptop that I was using would not accept the the sequences that I purchased from LOR. By sheer chance due to my conducting a format recovery I had to reinstall Norton. Upon contacting Comcast I was informed by them that I needed to update my service pack from 1 to 2. 3 is the latest pack available for Windows XP. Upon getting SP3 everything worked flawlessly.
I look forward to learning much from all of you for next years show. Oh yea, another 16 channels will be added for 2011.

This year is my first with LOR. 16 channels and a CCR. I used some sequences that were shared and some of my own. It took me awhile to figure out the CCR, but it is certainly the centerpiece of my show. I have a video posted on YouTube under samjbfan. PM me if you need a direct link. Definitely going to add more channels and CCRs for next year. And get started earlier. I also have to get a better FM transmitter. All in all, not a bad first year.

Does it come with the extension? I have the original Gold version that I bought in Feb or so when LOR was having the sale. Worked great then, but I guess it got bounced around or something. Anyhow, working sufficiently for this year but I will be upgrading for next year..

Guest Don Gillespie

KPfamatter wrote:

Oh yea, another 16 channels will be added for 2011.

Only 16 more channels thats what were talking about pretty soon you are going to have 48 and then 64 and so on and so on and so on welcome aboard and merry christmas

I jumped deep the first year, I went 80 channels. I too plan on upgrading to at least 48 more channels, and the wife says we need More! The addiction is great. She has some wonderful ideas for props. Although I need to get her to finish her sequence first. Have a blast we are!

welcome to the more than 16 channel club

As for FM - there are 3 great choices, mobile black box 4000, edm and Ramsey

And lastly wife want more channels - don't let her down

KenL_MCSE wrote:

welcome to the more than 16 channel club

As for FM - there are 3 great choices, mobile black box 4000, edm and Ramsey

And lastly wife want more channels - don't let her down

EDM is awesome

Congrats. My first year, I took second place. This year 48 channels, next year 96. Bigger is better. Having so much fun. It' storming, flood and lots of rain til Christmas. It's our snow. Don't want to turn on the lights, might get electrocuted. Getting ready for next year. Mega tree, arches, and four CCR. This hobby takes time, start early, and backup the programs. Aloha