Light-O-Rama Forums

It worked fine a month ago

InBox

I built a 16 channel controller a month ago, tested it and it worked fine. I tried adding it to the show a week ago and this is what it's doing: it's set as controller number 5, I get no blinking LED anytime nor a solid LED when connected to the computer. Also, it seems to be running a test sequence like the one in the H/W utility where it turns on each channel one at a time starting with number 1 to 16 then starts over. If I set the unit selector to 00 I do get a blinking LED, but the reset doesn't help. Any ideas? Thanks.

First of all. What Controller is this?

IF it is the 16xx series, it is possible to load a sequence in the controller. However, base on my experience that will not stop you from getting the LED either blink or solid. Since you said you built it. What happens if you hook ONLY this board to the computer and run the HWU? Could it be possible the LED was installed incorrectly?

Start with the basics....connect to this controller alone and see if all works.

Chuck

Chuck,

Sorry about that. It's a CTB-16D, 16 Channel Kit - Deluxe (high-power heatsinks). I've used the stand-a-lone feature a couple of years ago on one of the other controllers. I just built this one a month ago and it tested fine. LED was solid when connected to the PC and I checked several features. 3 weeks later I can't get the LED to blink or stay solid, except when I reset it then the LED flashes as it should. I have tried connecting it directly to the PC and running the HWU.

Thanks,
Neil