Light-O-Rama Forums

Not Connected.

show

Ok over the last few weeks i've plumbed the house with dedicated power to 4 boxes and ran network cables from all over into the same room to find out I should have read the directions first. So anyways I went outside to daisy chain them all and I did make sure the weight of the wire wouldn't pull out the cat5 connectors out of the boxes with some zip ties. So in the process I was having a problem pulling it out and pulled the connector off the card a little bit. So I disassembled the box in hopes of fixing it and sent it to an electrician to make sure everything was on the board right. They said I'm fine and connected. Before the status light stayed steady and showed connected. Now it's blinking super fast. I've tried to reset it by doing the 00 thing and powering it up and down and it still stays with the blinking light and my HWU shows no units found even with them daisy chained through it and the unit off. It doesn't find any of my 4 boxes when it's in the loop. But I have no problems finding the other 3 units. I've also just tried to dial in 04 and click on and it does nothing.

So what next?

Thanks in advanced...
Show

Almost sounds like you MAY have a damaged RJ45 Jack(s) on the one board. Try that board connected directly to the computer and try each jack. If one jack works situate that box at the end of the line for now.

Chuck

No, you did not listen to good sound advice from Chuck. He said that you are to try a cat 5 cable in both connections. If it works with one, then place the controller at the end of the daisy chain for this season. Put the cat 5 cable into the good connector and all should work. Then in the off season have LOR repair your connector/board. Nothing was said about telephone cable.

Yeah both cat5 sockets don't work as an input or output. It's ok, this is my first year using these. I'll just move a box and combine some channels. If It can't be fixed by next year then I'll put it at the end of the chain.

Thanks for the help.