Light-O-Rama Forums

lights and radio question

Aixelsyd

I know you can take music tracks and make sequences with the lights. Can the lights be played just to the beat without any sequencing on my part?

I'm thinking I'll just take advantage of the station in the area that plays Christmas music and sequence my lights to the beat.

Is this possible with a light-o-rama. Or just a silly idea?

Thanks!

Jason

Aixelsyd wrote:

I know you can take music tracks and make sequences with the lights. Can the lights be played just to the beat without any sequencing on my part?

I'm thinking I'll just take advantage of the station in the area that plays Christmas music and sequence my lights to the beat.

Is this possible with a light-o-rama. Or just a silly idea?

Thanks!

Jason

The short answer is no, and it is not a silly idea!

You can get exactly what you want by using what is called a color organ. That is a simple electronic device that responds to the beat of the music and usually is broken down into 3 frequency ranges. - low, medium, and high.

No sequencing is required, and it can look sharp! Some of the displays we have seen sequenced don't look all that different from what a color organ can produce....

You can still purchase commercial quality units (grounded, metal cases, etc) that handle 400 watts per channel on ebay. Just do a search.

You can also get kits for around $15 that will do 100 or 200 watts per channel.

Greg

Aixelsyd wrote:

I know you can take music tracks and make sequences with the lights.  Can the lights be played just to the beat without any sequencing on my part?

Is this possible with a light-o-rama.  Or just a silly idea?

Thanks!

Jason

I have not tried it, and it was written a while ago, but you might give it a shot:
http://nopotatos.com/LORVis/