Light-O-Rama Forums

Standalone Mode

KStatefan

I have a CTB16KD. I programed a sequence to control my Bethlehem Star and want it to start at a certain time. The hardware program will not let me select this. Is this not a option?

KStatefan wrote:

I have a CTB16KD. I programed a sequence to control my Bethlehem Star and want it to start at a certain time. The hardware program will not let me select this. Is this not a option?

Should be. Did you try this in this order?

Is the controller communicating with the hardware utility?

Did you select the proper controller from the drop down list?

The sequence must be animation only - non musical

Download the sequence to the controller.

Then select the trigger condition and send the trigger information to the controller.

JBullard wrote:

KStatefan wrote:

Should be. Did you try this in this order?

Is the controller communicating with the hardware utility?

Did you select the proper controller from the drop down list?

The sequence must be animation only - non musical

Download the sequence to the controller.

Then select the trigger condition and send the trigger information to the controller.
I can do all of that except select the trigger condition "Run during schedule"

Don, you may be correct.

Before I posted, I opened the Hardware Utility, clicked the Standalone tab, then opened HELP. There I saw,

Some Light-O-Rama controllers can schedule the downloaded sequence to run at certain times or in certain conditions (those that cannot will run the sequence continually whenever powered on). To schedule when it will run, use the "Trigger Condition" section:

(Bolding and Italics mine)

I didn't have a controller hooked up to try down loading a sequence to, so I couldn't test my post for 100% accuracy, nor did I review the specs of the OP board.

Interesting that it says "some" controllers can, though.

EDIT: Added bolding and italics for clairity

KStatefan wrote:

Well, if the board cannot be scheduled at a certain time, then you could always use an external timer to turn it on and off, since the downloaded sequence will run when power is on.

JBullard wrote:

Interesting that it says "some" controllers can, though.

Yep. I would find that interesting as well. I know on the 4.32 firmware it doesn't let you go by time. Unless LOR added it in the 4.40 firmware version, I don't think the 1602D series can do by time.

Now that I'm home (and no one out front) I killed the show to look at mine real quick. None of my "D" series would let me set by time.