Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd year for my show but having a ton of problems with it

bwhicks72

I'm putting this in the newbie section since I'm hoping it's easy to fix. I did this last year and had no problems but this year I am using a new system and having a ton of problems. I'm about ready to resort to doing a simple show but I want to do something more complex.

What I want to do is set it up so I have four separate shows with a 10 minute break in between the shows. During the 10 minute break the lights would stay on full and Zara radio would come on. After the 10 minutes, Zara radio would shut down and my next show would start up.

I figure DTMF tones would work the best so I setup a sequence where I had the lights on full with the DTMF tone playing to either turn off or turn on Zara radio. I then setup the scheduler to play that show for the 10 minute gap so the lights would stay on but it keeps repeating the DTMF tone over and over. I don't remember this problem last year.

So how do I get the tone to play only once? Is there a better way to get the look I want with a show, then a radio break, then another show?

Also with the scheduler, how to do I get time setup if I don't know the exact time of my songs? Do I need to add up the minutes to get it exact or is there a way to have the scheduler work if I'm a minute or two off?

Put your DTMF sequences in the Startup/Shutdown section. Items in that section will play only once, at, well, startup and shutdown.

If you place it in the musical/animation section, it will play over and over, since that's what the software is supposed to do.

Also, by putting the DTMF sequences in the startup/shutdown section, you can allow for the schedule running over by a minute or two and not affecting the music in-between.

I think your only two options are:

Quick & Easy - Upgrade to at least the "Standard" version of LOR.

Long and drawn out - Create shows and schedules down to the second that you want them to run.