Light-O-Rama Forums

Installed Wrong USB driver?

NickByrd

I just got my controllers and all the stuff to hook it up. I got my LOR gear from WowLights.com. I read the Basic Packages Getting Started Guide and wasn't able to get the USB485B to be recognized by the computer. I went to www.ftdichip.com but when I clicked on the driver that I need, the computer did not recognize anything in the zip folder. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and have tried everything. I pulled up the USB485B manual and it says that if you plug in the adapter before the disk runs... the wrong driver will install. But the manual from WowLights says TO plug in the adapter first! Can anyone help?

Nick

Try this.....

Please try re-installing the USB drives as described here:

Make sure all LOR program are stopped and shows are disabled.

Unplug the USB adapter.

Use this link to get the USB driver installer. Download it and save it to your Desktop:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/CDM20600.exe

Once you have down loaded it and saved it to your desktop, double click the file which will run the driver installer. (make sure that the USB adapter is unplugged).

Once the installer has completed,
1. Run the LOR hardware Utility.
2. In the “Setup Comm Port” section (Top left of screen) click on the “Manual Select” dropdown.
3. Make note of which comm ports are present.
4. Stop(Exit) the Hardware Utility Program
5. Plug in the USB adapter (wait 15 seconds for it to be recognized)
6. Run the Hardware Utility Program. Check the Manual Select dropdown and a new com port should now be present. Select that new comm port as your show port.