Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers can't be found.

bossgroove

This has probably been asked a million times, but I must not be searching with the right wording to find my answers.

I replaced all fuses, and still don't have any response or even a led light on two.

The other 2 just have the led light flashing but can't be found. They are LOR 1602's. And as far as I know, I have reset them, but nothing's working.

I've been at this for a month. Is there anything that I can do? What would the 5 first tests and fixes be if they were sent back in for repairs?

bossgroove wrote:

The other 2 just have the led light flashing but can't be found. They are LOR 1602's. And as far as I know, I have reset them, but nothing's working.

To reset the 1600 series:

Remove power, Turn the dials to 00, Reapply power for approx 10 secs

Remove power, Reset the dials to the correct ID number, Reapply power

Have you verified that the Cat5 cable is good and wired correctly?

Have you tried the box hooked directly to a PC with hardware utility?

Sometimes the issue is a connector on a box upstream from the controller having issues. Sometimes you get multiple bad cables.

Occasionally, you get a bad com chip. The PC and one controller case is a good isolation step to determine if it is wiring up to the controller, or maybe a bad com chip.

I've been trying with one controller directly the whole time. I just don't understand how 4 out of 9 controllers could go bad, when they all worked last year. I may not be an electrical genius, but I'm not an idiot either, but I feel like one now. It is soooo frustrating, and depressing to have all these lights up.

What I've had to do with new board builds is unplug the board, remove the PIC, repower the board, unplug, reinstall the PIC, set the dials to 00 as John said, repower the board, remove power, set the unit ID, repower the board. That's what I had to do last year as well as with this years 2 boards I built, it works for me, hopefully it helps you,

Bill

Hi bossgroove,

I'm sending you a PM.

I have a 1602 that has not been set up yet. If you would like we can walk through it together via phone. I had another 1602 that I set up with no problems.

That said, I would doubt you would have so many defective units. LOR has been a great company to deal with so far for me.

I'm fairly new to this but there are many others on this board that are very helpful and won't let you fail. There's probably something simple overlooked that is throwing up a roadblock for you. Don't get discouraged there's plenty of help available.

Jeff

I will gladly help make a video of such fixes and other FAQ's. However, right now, I still have unresponsive controllers. Should I hook them up to everything and just hope they eventually are found?