Light-O-Rama Forums

Neighbor Support

GaryBo

My across the street neighbor, who is probably my biggest supporter, left a message on my phone after an unusually large crowd last night. He is a "colorful" person, with a heart of gold.

“You know, I don't mind all the f***ing cars. I don't mind all the buses or anything else, I think it's nice, right, but when, Mother f***ers are sitting on their lawn chairs watching the show, This is crazy, I don't know what to think, talk to you later, Bye.”

This is the same neighbor that told me to stay off the f***ing roof.:P

GaryBo wrote:

This is crazy, I don't know what to think, talk to you later, Bye.”

I think he should set up a "Margarita Stand"...

My neighbour's son across the road from us parked his car dead in the middle of the prime viewing area .... They had been supportive up to now ... Hopefully it was not on purpose.

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

My neighbour's son across the road from us parked his car dead in the middle of the prime viewing area .... They had been supportive up to now ... Hopefully it was not on purpose.

maybe they were "saving a spot" for a friend...

I am keeping my fingers crossed things didn't go south last night with my neighbors also. When we came home about 830 we counted about 20 cars lined up on both sides of the street. Practically every neighbors driveway blocked in one way or the other. Most of the neighbors don't park on the street around here, but I really hate for lookers to black driveways. One guy was even parked in a driveway next door to us. Thank God the house is vacant and up for sale. I would hate to have to scale back.

jim6918 wrote:

I am keeping my fingers crossed things didn't go south last night with my neighbors also. When we came home about 830 we counted about 20 cars lined up on both sides of the street. Practically every neighbors driveway blocked in one way or the other. Most of the neighbors don't park on the street around here, but I really hate for lookers to black driveways. One guy was even parked in a driveway next door to us. Thank God the house is vacant and up for sale. I would hate to have to scale back.

I would think most neighbors would be understanding and realize that it is not YOUR fault that some people are inconsiderate..

LOL, that's so funny! He must be quite a character!

We're pretty lucky, we have an empty lot across the street, a park to the north of us, and the neighbors to the south of us let us decorate all the way to their driveway and use their tree to suspend some lights.

Last night was our first big night. We came home about 6:45 and started the show (I forgot that I had powered down the laptop the night before). When I opened the front door to let the dogs out, the cars were coming down the street, one after another. Our street curves before it gets to us, it was so totally like the ending of Field of Dreams, seeing those cars come down around the curve. Our biggest night yet. I know we had over 200 cars. At about 10:00 pm, my brother was out front looking at the lights and called to tell us to look at the stretch limo out front. I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. My daughter had pulled in the driveway at about the same time and she said that she had followed the limo all the way home from her job at the mall.

If the people are not sitting on his property then it is none of his business

i would tell him to get over him self

or

tell him to stick his head in the toilet

does this guy also walk around saying buh humbug

T110431 wrote:

i would tell him to get over him self or tell him to stick his head in the toilet

Or you could tell him to sit at the curb and lick himself... worked for me!

Its real cool to hear all these stories.. out here in Da sticks the cows don't mind the lights. closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away but everyone rolling on the hwy knows this house!

I hear comments from friends and family about people talking about the blinkin lights on the hwy.

I tell them they must have seen a UFO?

Merry Christmas all

It's crazy tonight again. Two nursing home buses, one from the local senior center and, of all things an ambulance who sat thru the show twice. At one time wife counted 15 cars in line. For the first time tonight we heard somebody blowng their horn at somebody else. Not sure what that was all about.